Is this a vintage modified or classic series squire?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Natfunk91, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Natfunk91

Natfunk91

Hey all. Just bought this bass a month ago from my local shop and they had it tagged as vintage modified. But, I cast seem to find it online in this color, and the reviews I've read about the classic vice series seem to match it more closely, such as the high gloss neck, thinner fretboard and, of course, the available colors. So I'm just curious as to what you all think this is. The serial number is cs131631 I'm pretty sure. Not sure where to look this up. Its is sorta an Olympic white.
  2. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

3. Maxdusty

Maxdusty Supporting Member

pics? If you can attach a pic, it'll help us identify the bass.
    You can also look in the Squier catalog.

Here's a link to a Vintage Modified Jazz Bass 70's- which is Olympic white in color
    http://www.fender.com/squier/basses...azz-bass-70s-maple-fingerboard-olympic-white/

or a Classic Vibe Jazz bass (also in Olympic white)
    http://www.fender.com/squier/basses...-bass-60s-rosewood-fingerboard-olympic-white/

Edit: lol..just saw the post above as I was posting my response. To the op, is it a p-bass or a jazz bass? Better yet, attach a pic.
  4. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

Most of the new colors in the VM series will have gloss necks not unlike those in the CV series. The Olympic White P will almost certainly have at satin neck. The bridge is where I would look, as CVs have their high-mass design, where as the VMs have the standard bent-plate design.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. wild4oldcars

wild4oldcars

7. awilkie84

awilkie84 Supporting Member

Classic vibe has a high mass bridge
    Vintage modified has a standard bent plate
  8. TN WOODMAN

TN WOODMAN

Above info is correct but I always thought the CV should have the bent bridge with threaded saddles and the VM the high mass.
  9. awilkie84

awilkie84 Supporting Member

That would be more logical, wouldn't it? lol
    I love the vintage threaded saddle bridges! But the bridge on the CV is pretty good, too!
  10. Natfunk91

Natfunk91

OK thank you all. I believe based on what I've seen here that it is in fact vintage modified. Sorry no pics, I can't seem to get them tops with the tapatalk app. Jeeps saying disabled by admisistrator