1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Is this Geddy legit?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by naruki, Nov 17, 2012.

1. naruki

naruki

May 1, 2010
    London
    This one here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fender-Ge...235&pid=100015&prg=1006&rk=1&sd=150943991560&

Does it seem legit?

The current bid price is great for a Geddy (at least in the UK). The knobs are missing but the seller said he just took them off for cleaning, when I msged him about it. Assured me that it'll be sent out playable out of the box.

Just like all eBay listings for cheap Fender products, I can't help but feel a little skeptical about the originality.

2. Sponsored by:

to hide this ad and more.
  3. naruki

naruki

May 1, 2010
    London
    Thank you kind sirs :)

4. Nino D

Nino D

Oct 31, 2012
    Albany,NY
    Looks real to me . Has the pickgaurd screw above the pickup that the MIJ models have. The new MIM basses dont.

5. naruki

naruki

May 1, 2010
    London
    Are the new Geddys made in Mexico? Why are they more expensive? I don't know about the US but Geddys used to be £790-ish 2 years ago. Now they're at about £910-ish.

6. Nino D

Nino D

Oct 31, 2012
    Albany,NY
    The new Geddys are made in mexico.I think the price fell from $999 to $899.

7. phillybass101

phillybass101

Jan 12, 2011
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Brubaker Guitars, Tecamp Bass Players Gear
    darn, I've owned mine for years and never noticed that. I just looked and for sure there is a screw above the pickup :)