1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Israel Crosby "Bassoguitar" advert

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by milomo, Feb 8, 2014.

1. milomo

milomo

A few days ago i got the Classic Chu Berry Columbia And Victor Sessions from Mosaic records (i also got their Clifford Jordan box, the bass players on that are Wilbur Ware, Richard Davis, Bill Lee and Sam Jones!), and i found this picture. It's pretty unusual so i thought i'd put it up here. It's an advertisement for the Bassoguitar and the endorser is Israel Crosby, surrounded by some legendary friends. Here's the whole photo -
    photo 1.jpg
    That's Buster Bailey, Big Sid Catlett, Joe Thomas, Israel, Fletcher Henderson, Joe Lessey and Chu. Here's a closer-in version -
    photo.jpg
    It's a great box set, obviously tons of amazing Chu, along with incredible playing from Roy Eldridge, Teddy Wilson, and Billie Holiday among many others, and Israel and Milt Hinton are all over it.
  2. Steve Boisen

Steve Boisen Heartless mercenary, partially redeemed. Supporting Member

I just sent you a PM. I'd like a good scan of that photo for my Regal Bassoguitar website. I've been collecting information on this unique instrument and I actually own one that used to belong to jazz bassist Joe Byrd (Charlie Byrd's brother).

- Steve
  3. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    Hey guys, thanks for the great photos! Cool site, Steve. ;)