1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Issues: bass or player?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by wishface, Feb 20, 2014.

1. wishface

wishface

Is fretbuzz alwatys a big deal?

I have some on my bass. I'm not a set up/luthier expert so it's likely the bass could do with a tweak here and there. I suddenly find myself all gunshy when it comes to tweaking. I'm really enjoying my new bass and don't even want to start doing something as simple as raising the action - actually I have a little bit, which hasn't made too much different. I like a lower action anyway (i think most people do).

Is there anything I should consider or look into? I'm not even sure it's that much of an issue in most instances, aside from a little bit of deadness on the 9th fret B of the D string.

Also, I have found with the basses i've played (none of which have been expensive or 'name' brand instruments) that playing the same note on lower strings sound markedly different. Is this natural or am I hearing problems that aren't there? For instance, play the 2nd fret E on the D string and it sounds thinner than on the 7th fret A string or the octave of the E string at the 12th fret.

Thanks