1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Issues with Carvin digital power amp

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by magic papa, Jan 10, 2014.

1. magic papa

magic papa Gold Supporting Member

Hi,

I've got a Carvin DCM 2004LX power amp. Great amp, all the power I will ever need in a lightweight package.

It's a digital amp with 4 channels. Channel 1 works great. The other 3 don't come out of mute. Interestingly, if I connect to the amp with the software and reload the configuration they start to work OK, so the audio circuits aren't broken.

If I switch the amp off and back on after that - everything seems fine. But if it's been off for longer (i.e. next day) - the issue reappears.

Looks like a software/firmware problem. I was wondering if anybody experienced anything similar. My first thought would be to try to re-flash the firmware, but I can't find anything on Carvin site.

Perhaps there's a config battery backup inside and the battery and got flat or something. I haven't opened it yet.

I realise it may have to be serviced, but where I live this means months without the amp.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

MP
  2. jeff7bass

jeff7bass

Pretty complicated problem. You sound like you're onto something, maybe a tech from Carvin can walk you through a fix. They've been helpful to me, the one time I needed them.
  3. magic papa

magic papa Gold Supporting Member

Yeah, pretty funny issue really. If any of the channels were dead quiet I wouldn't have any dilemmas. But I can get them working again by fiddling with configuration. Trouble is I need a computer for that and I don't feel like bringing one to a gig just to kick-start my amp :)

Emailing Carvin support is probably a good idea. I want to do all I can before sending it for service.