1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

It happened AGAIN!!(warning fEARful Content)

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by canadian*eh, Nov 26, 2012.

1. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Disclosures:
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    Well it is an old story but a new time and I love telling it every single new time. I Brought my fEARful "66" to the Gospel concert that I was playing at.On Saturday Nov 24th 2012. At first the sound guy did not want me to use my cab,he said they wanted to just run Me through the system and use in ear monitors so I dont need the Cab cause it will just muddy up the sound, After much Talking on my part about how the fEARful was not like other bass cabs and the whole off axis things and crosses over and such, I finely talked him into it buy agreeing to D.I.ing through the house and keeping the level down. So all was good. But During sound check he came up to me and asked if they could use my D.I for the guitar instead cause they had ran out of lines and Then went on to tell me that May was doing a better job filling the building cleaner, clearer and with no lowend mud by itself then he could do with their large ( very large) pa and bass bins. I almost had a told you so moment.......Well ok I did have one:D lol..... And he had to agree....he just could not belive it..... So Yet another sound guy won over and another believer that bass cabs can be loud , low and clear with out any of the mud!!...... Needless to say my "66" was the back line rig for the night and well all I can say is all the other bass players were left speechless.....it was Yet another Great night all in all for Greenboy and his fEARful freaks of nature!!.....So to all You Nah Sayers who may just think i am a faneboy or whatever..... i wish you could of been there.... and i mean this is not the first time it has happened to me...... to tell you the truth it has happened just about every gig i have been at since i Got my fEARful setup a year ago...... this was just the latest of them :smug:.
    Now I do just want to state here for the record, that i am not trying to push fEARful or anyother cab on to anyone.....If you have a rig that you are happy with.....be it a Behringer or the "Dreaded" 410/115 setup, or any cab, 1 way,2 way, 6 ways,nEARful or other wise.... Then Keep Doing what works for you and have fun.... thats what Bassplaying is all about having fun and Pissing off Guitar players:D..... it is not about who has what better then anyone else,what works for one does not always work for another and to me I am just sharing this story of my rig and how i am happy with it and of course i would love for everyone to give it a try, they truly are a Great Cabs!! Hope you have a Great Day and Keep Holding the Lowend Down!:bassist: Cheers All!!~Elliot

2. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian Supporting Member

Great story,were you using a 15/6 Fearful?

3. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Disclosures:
    Thankx Man!!
    Well I do have the 15/6/1 but i was using the Big boy...my 1515/66/1 or the "66" the night of that gig since it was a very big building i was playing in, But the 15/6 can is no slouch its self.....i am forever amazed at it every time i plug into it and with volume and low that comes out of it! It's pretty crazy!

4. christw

christw Get low!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    Congrats! Hopefully my on order Big E will give me a similar experience. :)

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Maybe you shoulda brought the big cab to Toronto for the game. It mighta changed the result!! :bag:

7. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Disclosures:
    LOL yeah thats ok i am not crying to much about that game.....I am an Edmonton fan, No love loss to Calgary ;)