1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Items that you bring to every gig

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Basstreble, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Basstreble

Basstreble

Hey guys! So I was curious on things that you bring to just about every gig you go to. Now obviously you're going to bring a bass,amps,leads, and music; but what are some things you also bring? I'm asking because I'm going to begin playing quite a bit and I was wondering what I should need for those "just in case" moments!(ps I didn't know where was a good category to post this.)
  2. ModulusQ5-122

ModulusQ5-122 Supporting Member

I carry a bag everywhere I play. It has extra 1/4" cables, extra straps, polishing cloths, screw drivers, Allen wrench set, 9v batteries, extra sets of strings and an assortment of screws. You never know...
  3. bassteban

bassteban

4. nomeX

nomeX

Cables marked with tape, strings, batteries, super glue, screw drivers, 9 volts, extension cord and power strip.
  5. two fingers

two fingers Loud Mouth Know It All Blowhard Gold Supporting Member

I bring an old banged up metal case to every gig that my friends call "The Box of Doom". It has a spare everything (two spares of some things). It would take too long to list. That box has gotten more bands out of a jam than you can ever imagine. People call me for gigs these days that I have never met. One of the things they say to me is "I hear you have this box you bring with you a lot. You are going to bring that to this gig, right?"

Let's just say it weighs about 60 pounds and the heaviest thing in it by far is a GB Shuttle 6.0 (my SPARE HEAD I bring with me) at 3.75 pounds. Just tons of stuff in there.
  6. 5StringThunder

5StringThunder

Besides everything to make my rig run and backups for all of those things: duct tape, zip ties, Velcro, wood filler, Allen wrenches, and a multi-tool. If I can't fix it on the fly with those tools, it's a lost cause for the evening.
  7. TRyan5289

TRyan5289

I've got a tool box with extra tuner, batteries, various tools (Allen, screwdrivers, multitool, wire cutters etc. etc.), outlet tester, string cleaner and cloth, electrical tape, solder gun and solder, extra patch cables, flashlight, ear protection, and picks.

I'm sure I'll find more stuff to pack in there, but I hope this helps you get a start.
  8. singlemalt

singlemalt Supporting Member

ear plugs. flask with scotch, good scotch.

MXR M-80 bass di +
  9. Snakeman1066

Snakeman1066 Supporting Member

Dalmore 18 ?
  10. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Extra cables
    Batteries
    Extra bass
    Two straps
    Stands
    Tuner
    Bags/cases to hold it all in
    Tech21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI
    Compressor
    XLR/mic cable
    Painkillers
    Panty catcher
    Set list
  11. BoomBoomOGTL

BoomBoomOGTL Supporting Member

xtra cables,
    xtra set of strings
    tools (screwdrivers, allen keys)
    DVM
    flashlight!!
    xtra strap
    amp fuses
    earplugs
  12. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

*Rack box
    *Enclosure
    *(2) Basses...duh!
    *Pedaltrain in hardcase
    *Locker box w/ cables, powerstrips, straps, etc.
    *Locker box w/ spare cables connectors, components for PA
    *Toolbox

I'm the PA and fix-it guy. Most glitches are operator error but if something is truly broken, I can either replace it or repair it.

Riis
  13. Kmonk

Kmonk

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fender and Spector, Ampeg, Curt Mangan Strings
    I bring a stackable tool box. The bottom contains a portable fan that I use when playing on hot days. I also have extra instrument cables, extra speaker cables, several extension cords, power strips duct tape and electrical tape. The top part of the box contains extra strings, 9 volt batteries, a flashlight, various types of pliers, philips and flathead screwdrivers, precision screwdrivers, a knife, solder and soldering iron, male and female 1/4 inch jacks.

Attached Files:

14. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff

In addition to everything I know I'll need, I also bring Spare 9 volt batteries, an extra set of strings, an extra strap, extra cables, and most importantly... GAFFERS TAPE!

I see many of you listing duct tape but duct tape just plain sucks compared to Gaff Tape.
  15. Plays_For_Dog

Plays_For_Dog Supporting Member

9v batteries, phillips screw driver, extention cord with 4 plug end on it. A bottle of water. Spare strings, spare cables, spare strap.... Spare bass. DI box in case amp dies... sweat rag....

That's about it other than the essential main bass, cabs, amp and pedal board.
  16. nukes_da_bass

nukes_da_bass Supporting Member

Spring water- for the typical Boston bartender that does not provide free soda.
  17. 12stringbassist

12stringbassist

Small toolkit in gig holdall.
    Travel clock and battery.
    Wristband.
  18. rust_preacher

rust_preacher Supporting Member

Good suggestions. A tuner. An extra tuner.

Extra extras.
  19. wvbass

wvbass

I bring enough stuff that I have a complete backup rig if needed. Spare bass, two cabs, backup head, cables, etc. Aside from "spares," I try to have batteries, a tuner, a flashlight, direct box, guitar stands, and an extension cord. All my "extra" stuff fits in a duffel bag with my main stuff, so it really is nothing extra to carry. The spare head stays in the trunk, along with an "all-in-one" toolkit that I got from Walmart.
  20. bassfran

bassfran

Disclosures:
    Endorsing artist: Lakland basses
    I travel light but never leave home without a tuner, some sort of d.i., extra strings, and earplugs.