It's a new day

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bmc, Dec 21, 2012.

1. bmc

bmc

I woke up this morning, as I do on any other day of the week. I kicked the dog off the bed, leaned over kissed Jane and rubbed my eyes. Showered, fed the cat and dog, headed out for the train. Could have been a Tuesday. Could have been a Friday.

I walked to the train station and took the 8:05 multi stop train to Geneva. A bit longer than the nonstop, but one can always get a seat. Sure, I’d walk into work a few minutes later than normal. But hey, it’s the Friday before Christmas and it’s pretty quiet at work.

As I sat on the train, I looked around at all the blank expressionless faces of other commuters. I had survived the end of the world. I smiled at the thought, and slowly came to the realization that no horrific comet smash had destroyed our lovely Switzerland. We remained intact. But if there was some great interplanetary event, surely I would know of it. There would at least be smoke, a ground tremble, air raid sirens. Surely, something would have tipped it off. There was nothing on the news on my iPad. The internet was working. But something wasn’t right. There was a creepy air to this morning train ride. I looked around me and looked closer at everyone and realized that the long rumored zombie apocalypse had occurred. I was surrounded by lifeless, emotionless zombies. Gaunt drawn faces with baggy deep circles under their eyes. Empty expressions. It happened. I had read about in countless forum threads. But this is what the Mayans were on about. I get it. And it’s happened. It wasn’t the splitting of the globe or a huge tidal wave of biblical proportion. It was much more stealth. It happened quietly. Overnight. This planet is now inhabited by zombies and I don’t like it.

One daughter and my wife were home. They were fine. I haven’t talked to our other daughter, or my sister, brother, mother, nephews, cousins, friends, neighbors, coworkers. How will I know if they survived the zombie apocalypse? What if they’ve become zombies too? How do you relate to them? How do you feed them? What do they eat? Will they come for my precious wine?

Can you all please let me know if you’re ok?

Just to be safe, I’m wearing my protective underwear today.

Season's greetings everyone

Brian
  2. DerHoggz

DerHoggz I like cats :| Supporting Member

No.

Regards,
    DerHoggz
  3. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

I'm at work and still here so all is well.
  4. Indiana Mike

Indiana Mike

I went out last night and spent my life savings on women ,debauchery and booze...

Man ,I've got a bad feeling I'm in trouble...
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. champbassist

champbassist

The anti-catharsis inside of me is poking me to post a section of the lyrics from Big Star's 'Holocaust' here :(