It's a Sunn-y NAD.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by christw, Feb 28, 2014.

1. christw

christw Get low!

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: J Worrell Bass
    I scored this SB200 this morning after curiousity bit me. Thus far I definitely dig it. It reminds me a lot of the older Peavey and ACC amps-it's loud, clean, punchy, and doesn't do much low bass. Teaming it up with the JBL E155 was flat out awesome. The 300 Pro and TC118 whoop them but they also cost me 10x as much. ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
  2. christw

christw Get low!

Disclosures:
    I had some time to play with this amp today and I really do like it. The EQ is spot on for the box and very effective for radical tone shaping. The comp works a little nicer than you may expect. Then I plugged in the Pickle Pie... WOW! I wasn't too enamored with that pedal until today. It didn't sound nearly this good through anything else. I'll see if I can get some sound clips up...
  3. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Sunn made some excellent amps and cabinets. I had a Sunn head back in the day which I really liked. Congrats on your purchase!
  4. christw

christw Get low!

Disclosures:
    Thanks! I definitely like the Sunn amps. The Fender 300 Pro (Sunn 300T) is my all time favorite amp. Another thing I noticed is how boosting the SB200's EQ brings out a whole lot of harmonic content in each note that adds a really nice definition to chords and the upper register. It also makes the Pickle Pie sound deadly.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. funkytoe

funkytoe Supporting Member

Nice score! I love amps from that era and Sunn's were some of the best. I don't see many of the combo amps any more. Makes a good looking stack with that JBL cab. Congrats.