1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

It's snowing, be careful driving

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by iamlowsound, Jan 22, 2013.

1. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

I am sitting in stopped traffic due to an accident and just wanted to send out a warning to everyone to drive according to weather conditions. There are at least three vehicles involved and multiple ambulances here.
    ImageUploadedByTalkBass.com1358891751.852704.jpg

lowsound
  2. RDUB

RDUB Supporting Member

Yeah... weather here is not good for travel either. SLOW DOWN, LEAVE SOME SPACE. Then maybe we'll all get there...
  3. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

I had to sit in traffic because of one of those yesterday...my job involves driving and I'm very careful about it. I also saw someone hit a tree and a three car spin-out accident on the freeway yesterday. People who don't feel comfortable or don't know how to safely drive in the weather just need to stay at home. They're risking their own lives and those of others, as well. Really, people ought to stay home unless there is a good reason to be out and about.
  4. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

Well, I am past it now (it was only 5 minute drive from my house on a good day) and I looks like it was a minivan that crossed the centre line and hit a transport truck head on, then someone rear ended the minivan. Thankfully, it looks like all three vehicles were going slow, so not a lot of injuries.

lowsound
  5. Biggbass

Biggbass

64 here today...supposed to be 74 tomorrow...Time to get the Road King out of the garage!
  6. Phalex

Phalex Yeah, I've got the moves like Jagger. Supporting Member

Those damn Canadians keep sending freezing cold arctic air this way, and Lake Michigan is still relatively warm. It's been too cold to snow, but the lake effect snow machine is running full tilt. I think there was a 30 car pileup on US 31 this morning.
  7. elgecko

elgecko

I thought it only snowed on TV! :bag:
  8. michael_atw

michael_atw Supporting Member

*clicks on Talkbass thread on iphone in moving car*
  9. michael_atw

That's why I don't drive on days like these. White snow makes for white knuckle drivers who want to play bumper cars or go 15 on a clean road and make me have to pass them.
  10. ME16510

ME16510

I live in Erie, PA about a mile from the lake and we got hit hard as well.
  11. Thick McRunfast

Thick McRunfast Supporting Member

They make you pass them huh? Why those bastids! Glad it's not your impatience or anything
  12. Yango

Yango

I just had an accident because I was reading this post on my iPad while I was driving in this very same storm. I think that makes you responsible. Please send your insurance info. Thank-you.
  13. michael_atw

Yeah, when you're driving 30 mph less than you should be, you get passed.

It has nothing to do with impatience. If it is 55 mph and the road is clear, driving 20 mph is unacceptable. I don't feel like taking 1 hour to make a trip that should take 30 minutes. That's MORE dangerous - because in lake effect snow, the key is to get the hell home before more snow covers the road - not block everyone from getting home so they can be buried with you.
  14. iamlowsound

iamlowsound

If I had my way, I would have a work laptop so I could work from home on days like that. Too bad that they decided that I didn't need one :meh: My boss drives the same road too, so it would look bad if I didn't show up because of weather and he was at work; it would be totally different if I could work from home. Meh, I'll put in a request for a laptop again next fall and I should be able to get one.

lowsound
  15. Mr L

Mr L

Really icy up here in BC too. Crashed my car into a meridian on the way to school yesterday, only at like 20 km/h though. Just reversed and drove away.
  16. funkingroovin

funkingroovin Conquering A-D-D,and all the other notes as well! Supporting Member

This x1000!!
  17. kanonfodr

kanonfodr Supporting Member

Meh, it was in the 70s here today. 80s on Thursday, going Kayaking. I've put the White S**t behind me :)

Peace,
    Greg
  18. michael_atw

The 70's in Maryland? :eyebrow:
  19. bass12

bass12 Fueled by chocolate Supporting Member

I had a gig 45 minutes north of Montreal the other day. It was snowing pretty heavily and I saw a number of vehicles that had been in accidents (though most of them seemed pretty minor) on the way up. I left for the gig early because I knew the driving would be rough so I was able to relax a little. The conditions on the way back, however, were even worse, with the roads completely covered in snow. Thankfully it was 2:30 in the morning and there were very few cars on the road. Still, the conditions made for some pretty stressful driving.
  20. Ziltoid

Ziltoid Supporting Member

Some people should not ride in the snow.