1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

It's trivia time!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by millsbass5, Dec 29, 2012.

1. NOTE: At this present time, I haven't a clue if this particular bass is still available for studio use.

Over the years, many big-time, famous bassists would specifically request this particular bass to record with. This bass has graced quite a few albums from many artists and groups that have sold in the millions.

Here's a couple hints for you:

(1)Spector
    (2)S.S. (The original owner's initials.)

Name the original owner and what brand the bass in question is.

Answer to come later :D.

2. danomite64

danomite64 Supporting Member

Nov 16, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Was it that lefty '60 P-Bass Stephen Stills had?

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Duuuuuuuuuude

Duuuuuuuuuude

Nov 30, 2005
    Hawaii
    I'm gunna guess that it's Bob Rock's Spector bass that use to belong to the guy from Loverboy

5. Damn you!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow. Your're on the ball dude, ain't ya? Do you (or anyone else) know of a list of the players that's used that bass? I swear, man. My jaw literally hit the floor when I seen your answer. I'm still in disbelief.:eek:
    I'd really like to know the complete history of that bass, for sure. I think Jason Newsted demanded to use that for the "Black" album. Hell, now I'm kinda bummed.:meh:

6. Duuuuuuuuuude

Duuuuuuuuuude

Nov 30, 2005
    Hawaii
    It was a wild guess. I just looked at the Spector website and saw a picture of the Loverboy guy. That rang a bell that I once heard Bob Rock owned his bass and it was used on a bunch of Metallica albums. So I took a shot