1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

It's trivia time!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by millsbass5, Dec 29, 2012.

1. millsbass5

millsbass5

NOTE: At this present time, I haven't a clue if this particular bass is still available for studio use.

Over the years, many big-time, famous bassists would specifically request this particular bass to record with. This bass has graced quite a few albums from many artists and groups that have sold in the millions.

Here's a couple hints for you:

(1)Spector
    (2)S.S. (The original owner's initials.)

Name the original owner and what brand the bass in question is.

Answer to come later :D.
  2. danomite64

danomite64 Supporting Member

Was it that lefty '60 P-Bass Stephen Stills had?
  3. Duuuuuuuuuude

Duuuuuuuuuude

I'm gunna guess that it's Bob Rock's Spector bass that use to belong to the guy from Loverboy
  4. millsbass5

millsbass5

Damn you!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow. Your're on the ball dude, ain't ya? Do you (or anyone else) know of a list of the players that's used that bass? I swear, man. My jaw literally hit the floor when I seen your answer. I'm still in disbelief.:eek:
    I'd really like to know the complete history of that bass, for sure. I think Jason Newsted demanded to use that for the "Black" album. Hell, now I'm kinda bummed.:meh:
  5. Duuuuuuuuuude

Duuuuuuuuuude

It was a wild guess. I just looked at the Spector website and saw a picture of the Loverboy guy. That rang a bell that I once heard Bob Rock owned his bass and it was used on a bunch of Metallica albums. So I took a shot