1. Welcome to the premier online community and classifieds for bass players!

Register a free account to post, remove lots of ads, and more!

iTunes can be so frustrating sometimes

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RichardCranium, Dec 22, 2012.

1. RichardCranium

RichardCranium Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Boynton Bch FL
    Agggjjhhhhhgg I'm about at the end of my rope with my iPhone and the new version of iTunes. All of a sudden I can't transfer any new music or podcasts to the phone and can't figure it out and can't find anything really on the web. I've had a real love/hate with iTunes and it's hate today for sure. Sorry but just ranting and I'm tired of trying to get it to work.

2. Kwesi

Kwesi Supporting Member

Details on the problem? Specific error message? We might be able to help you out?

3. fenderphil

fenderphil

Sep 1, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Yeah. I miss the explorer style menu on the left.

Here's what I learned. You can't drag a playlist like before. You select the songs on the playlist and hold and drag. A menu pops up on the right and you drag to your phone from there

Hope this helps.

4. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Just use Google Play with gMusic app instead. No syncing or transfers required.

bc

5. Sponsored by:

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Disclosures:
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I've used Google Play/gMusic. It's jut not reliable enough when driving. It won't play full albums/playlists. I don't like messing with my phone while I'm driving.

7. Jhengsman

Jhengsman

Oct 17, 2007
    Arcadia, CA
    That is what I thought but it turns out that is just the default setting. You have to go to the View menu and turn on the sidebar. A separate problem for me has cropped up as iTunes is larger then my screen and I can't resize it to use the scroll on the right

8. There's simpler apps around than iTunes, and they're all probably better. iTunes sucks like hoover.

9. BassyBill

BassyBill The smooth moderator... Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2005
    West Midlands UK
    I got an iPad through work this year and tried for a while to get into it, but eventually gave it up because I couldn't be bothered to spend time getting over the frustrating obstacle of getting stuck every single time I wanted to do something useful with it. iTunes was a major stumbling block. It's so badly thought out that it's like some sort of sick joke.

10. RichardCranium

RichardCranium Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Boynton Bch FL
    Basically what's happening is when I try to drag a song or podcast to my phone on the left side bar it won't transfer and just shows the file as grayed out and has a dotted circle on the left side of the file. I usually drag and drop and rarely sync podcasts or playlists but even that didn't work. I'm sure it's a simple setting but I can't figure it out.

11. QFT.