iTunes can be so frustrating sometimes

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by RichardCranium, Dec 22, 2012.

1. RichardCranium

RichardCranium Supporting Member

Agggjjhhhhhgg I'm about at the end of my rope with my iPhone and the new version of iTunes. All of a sudden I can't transfer any new music or podcasts to the phone and can't figure it out and can't find anything really on the web. I've had a real love/hate with iTunes and it's hate today for sure. Sorry but just ranting and I'm tired of trying to get it to work.
  2. Kwesi

Kwesi Supporting Member

Details on the problem? Specific error message? We might be able to help you out?
  3. fenderphil

fenderphil

Yeah. I miss the explorer style menu on the left.

Here's what I learned. You can't drag a playlist like before. You select the songs on the playlist and hold and drag. A menu pops up on the right and you drag to your phone from there

Hope this helps.
  4. DigMe

DigMe

Just use Google Play with gMusic app instead. No syncing or transfers required.

bc
  5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    I've used Google Play/gMusic. It's jut not reliable enough when driving. It won't play full albums/playlists. I don't like messing with my phone while I'm driving.
  6. Jhengsman

Jhengsman

That is what I thought but it turns out that is just the default setting. You have to go to the View menu and turn on the sidebar. A separate problem for me has cropped up as iTunes is larger then my screen and I can't resize it to use the scroll on the right
  7. MarkMgibson

MarkMgibson

There's simpler apps around than iTunes, and they're all probably better. iTunes sucks like hoover.
  8. bassybill

bassybill The smooth moderator... Supporting Member

Media:
    I got an iPad through work this year and tried for a while to get into it, but eventually gave it up because I couldn't be bothered to spend time getting over the frustrating obstacle of getting stuck every single time I wanted to do something useful with it. iTunes was a major stumbling block. It's so badly thought out that it's like some sort of sick joke.
  9. RichardCranium

RichardCranium Supporting Member

Basically what's happening is when I try to drag a song or podcast to my phone on the left side bar it won't transfer and just shows the file as grayed out and has a dotted circle on the left side of the file. I usually drag and drop and rarely sync podcasts or playlists but even that didn't work. I'm sure it's a simple setting but I can't figure it out.
  10. Eric Perry

Eric Perry

QFT.