1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

i've come a long way in a year!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by rjovin, Mar 1, 2014.

1. rjovin

rjovin

the pic on the left is from 3-4-13 and the one on the right is from 3-1-14. there has been quite a few changes for me in the last year :hyper:
    so, who wants to post pics of their boards from last year to now?

Attached Files:

2. yaksonator

yaksonator

Heres where mine has gone. Some remained as my "essentials" and slowly the rest are remaining as well.

Attached Files:

3. rjovin

rjovin

looks good! what's the pedal between the sa and octron?

4. yaksonator

yaksonator

It's a boss oc2, actually the one on the top pedalboard! I had it rehoused and etched!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Media:
    Albums:
    Long way did you say??

My first attempt at a board over a year ago:
    [​IMG]

Took this last week. Its already changed and will be changing again soon (POG2 coming Mon, bass whammy soon, I hope and a small clone). Its crazy that the only pedal that hasnt changed is the DOD DFX9. Love that pedal. And the mini POG I flipped a while back is on its way back to me, FINALLY :), but only in the form of a POG2.

[​IMG]

Great idea for a thread! I likey

7. OzzyGreg

OzzyGreg Supporting Member

(Sorry about the size of these images!)

I've gone from this:

[​IMG]

to this:

[​IMG]

(Wink!)

8. rjovin

rjovin

cool, thanks. it looks awesome.

9. rjovin

rjovin

i've been watching your progression for a while but i had no idea how far you've come :)

10. Itzayana

Itzayana

No offense intended, but that doesn't look like much progress to me.
    How about an audio clip of you playing last year and the same song this year?

11. gregmon79

Media:
    Albums:

Funny you say no offense intended but it seems to me it anything but offensive to say something like that.....

12. gregmon79

Media:
    Albums:

If I where to post every pic I took of how many times I changed my board it would probably take up two pages. At least haha. I usually snap off a couple every time I change it. It's always evolving.

13. skulletwhip

skulletwhip

No offense, but your post is pointless.

14. Guinness20

Guinness20

Hope you don't mind me asking, but what kind of music do you guys play? Beginning to get serious about the bass - just bought my first properly nice bass. Trouble is I'm between bands at the mo, had two auditions to no avail recently and have two more coming up. I have the money to buy pedals, but I don't want to buy anything that will become redundant when I join a new band. So, what kind of music do you play that requires these effects? Are you in bands, and if so do they bother at all about you using them?

15. yaksonator

yaksonator

I'm in an originals band so that gives me freedom to write with effects. And no they don't have any issues with me using effects. But I try to be tasteful though, not every song should have heavy effects.

http://m.reverbnation.com/artist/3497701

I use everything on my board,
    Octaves
    Overdrive/distortion
    Modulation
    Lpf
    Again if used with discretion and in the right context you add an element that bassists who DONT use effects can't add. Plus the little boxes are so cool.

16. rjovin

rjovin

i'm in a noisy rock band. all the effect i buy i think about how they will fit in the band before i buy them, mostly ;)
    we just went from a 3 piece to a 4 piece (2nd guitar player) cause the guitar player was adding layers of sounds on the recording that we're in the middle of doing (she's a pedal junkie too) so i get no gruff for my pedal addiction :)
    this is us: http://www.reverbnation.com/ylosdospistoles

17. smperry

smperry Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    This time last year, I had a Korg Pitchblack tuner and a TC Electronics Nova Dynamics.

Now:
    Korg Pitchblack tuner, TC Electronic Nova Dynamics, Onerr Digital Delay, Amptweaker Bass TightFuzz, Iron Ether Oxide, Iron Ether Xerograph Deluxe, Iron Ether Polytope, Digitech JamMan Solo with controller, Pigtronix EP-2, Moog expression pedal (for IE Oxide),This1smyne expression knob (for Pig EP-2). Oh yeah, and a Pedaltrain PT2. Crazy.

Basses and amp stayed the same as they have the past few years.

18. gregmon79

Media:
    Albums:

I'm in an originals band called Killing gods. We're on iTunes, spotify, reverb nation, bandcamp, well, were on anything you can download music from. We have a lot of space to experiment with our music. Me and the guitarist are way into effects so we both use effects all the time. There's pretty much always something going. Anywhere from dirt to delay to chorus and pitch shifting and octaves. It's the greatest to be in a band where you have that freedom. It's so open ended. Love it.