1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

SOLD I've got the Blues Liquidation, Fender, Lakeland

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Zoomz, Mar 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zoomz

Zoomz

Hi People! I've recently recieved some pretty bad news and have to get rid of some basses to raise cash. The hard part is I can't make up my mind what to sell and since I can't keep but one 4-string I've decided to put them all up for sale and keep which ever one is last to be closed on. They are all mid level type basses (as you'll see) and for the most part I bought them all on this site so you'll probably see one you've gassed for in the past. I have played all of them various amounts so unless specified they will all show some minimal wear and tear. I'll post pictures separately and in the order of how I list them so bear with me on this please. I might be willing to trade up on a bass but bottom line, with the smoke clears I can only have a go to bass. I'll have to chance not having a back-up for a while. In a nutshell the following are up for sale:

2004 MIJ Getty Lee- This green Geddy with the matching strap has been around a few times and feel honored to have gigged with her a few times. I wasn't in love with the pickups so I put a set of NJ4's in and I prefer the tone. I may have the original American Standard PU's somewhere so if you absolutely have to have them I'll look but had to move so no promises. Really nice appearance and super fast neck. Probably the quickest neck of the group. The thumb rest threw me off at first but have come to appreciate the angle that gives (me at least) more octave speed. Sports the standard Bad Ass bridge. I want $900.00 shipped with the RoadRunner soft/hard case. Drop $25.00 for a cheap gig bag instead.

2008 Lakland Skyline DJ4- This blue baby has been my primary back up bass the last couple of years and has the finest tone of any of the others (IMO). When I bought it a pickup was fried so I replaced the stock pickups with Fender 60's Custom Shops. I'm pretty sure I have the stock pickups in the case so you're welcome to them and they're part of the deal. Very light wear but like I said, I've been playing it. It's not new. I need $1025.00 shipped in the Lakland Hard Case.

2008 American Deluxe P Bass-Nice natural wood grain finish on this baby. I only used it a couple of times playing some country stuff. Is completely stock with the exception that its sporting flats. This baby BOOMS. So full on tone and the active pickups you can drowned out that pesky keyboard. Very little wear except a little scrathing on the pickguard. I need $1075.00 shipped in the Fender Deluxe Hardcase.

2007 American Standard Jazz Bass -This is my Black on White look and probably the best "feeling" bass of the bunch.
    It never really got as much playing time as it deserved. This one shows more wear than the others having a couple of little pencil lead type spots on the body. Have to look to see the marks and in no way affects playability but want to give all information I can. This American Standard Jazz is completely stock as far as I'm aware. I really like the Black on White look. I'll take $950.00 shipped in the Fender Hard Case.

1998 Mexican Jazz Bass- This Oly White customed up baby is my primary go to bass. To me, it feels better and sounds as good as any of the others but has added versatility due to the active EMG pickups and the Babicz bridge. She has dings and a bit of wear but nothing that stands out. It's signed on the back of the head stock by Dan Hunt, Bass player for "The Why Store". He's the one who helped me piece this thing together with the bridge and pu's so I asked him to sign it. Anyway, it is a mexican bass and so I have to price it accordingly. I'll need $600.00 shipped with a decent gig bag.

2003/2012 Mexican Body/Warmouth Neck 5-string Jazz. I think this color is called Candy Cola or something like that. I personnally like the color. This was about the first bass I bought off of craigslist and had no idea what I was doing. Suffice it to say, I bought a bass with a twisted neck and have been putting money into her to make her sound decent. Anyway, bought a new Warmouth neck, replaced the sad Mexican pu's with Fender Noiseless ones and added a Babicz bridge for added sustain. B string isn't as tight as a 35' scale but was fine for my useage which was an occasional country song in D. Anyway I look at it I'm going to loose money on this bass. Oh, has some dent's in the paint on the body, completely cosmetic but it's all about disclosure. So I'm asking $450.00 shipped in a decent gig bag for this which doesn't cover the cost of the upgrades.

There you have it. I'm not sure if I should just keep adding pictures or only post as requested. As I said above I really need the money so not looking for trades. Thanks for looking and feel free to PM me with specific questions. As far as weight, I suppose I can hop on the scales if necessary but I doubt they will proved real accurate. I suppose I only accept Paypal but if you've something else in like picking up in person we can try to work something out. Oh, and thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. Zoomz

Zoomz

Green Geddy

Attached Files:

3. Zoomz

Zoomz

Lake Placid Blue Lakland

Attached Files:

4. Zoomz

Zoomz

More Lakland. Pictures look a little green but not, is Lake Placid Blue

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Zoomz

Zoomz

Natural...

Attached Files:

7. Zoomz

Zoomz

Two more American Dxl P-Bass

Attached Files:

8. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

9. Zoomz

Zoomz

For your review. Two pics

Attached Files:

10. Zoomz

Zoomz

Oly white / rosewood

Attached Files:

11. Zoomz

Zoomz

Candy Cola or whatever. I may be wrong on the age of the body but don't want to take apart and I'm pretty sure it's an 03/04.

Attached Files:

12. waynobass

waynobass Supporting Member

Sorry to hear you had bad news. Very nice collection. But I hope for your sake the Lakland is the last man standing. :cool:

13. Zoomz

Zoomz

Actually, Wayne the hardest to watch ship is the damn tricked out Mexican Jazz. Can't explain it and its close but I somehow got attached.

14. lbbc

lbbc Supporting Member

green geddy looks very interesting!

15. Zoomz

Zoomz

Photos of the Warmouth neck on the 5 String Jazz as requested.

Attached Files:

16. Zoomz

Zoomz

Yes, the green geddy was bought here about a year ago and has had a couple of talkbass owners. really a nice bass and quite unique with the spearmint green color. was just playing a few minutes ago....nowhere man.

17. Zoomz

Zoomz

Gonna bump this one time. If no interest I'll have to close the thread.

18. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Sorry to hear that you have to sell such a GREAT looking collection!

you have some nice basses there...thoughts and prayers...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.