1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

J bass pick up replacement

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by umbrellaman, Nov 2, 2012.

1. umbrellaman

umbrellaman

Hello...

Ive got to invest as my PICKUPS have died.!!! my Jazz had Dimarzios fitted with a redeemer circuit and I was reasonably happy with the sound.

I have a friend who has the Joe bardens fitted to his and he says there the best single purchase he's ever made, i've never heard his bass though as he lives miles away!!

the other options i've researched are the EMG passive set and the Bartolinni, im not interested in getting Dimarzios again time for a change!!

Does anyone have any experience with these. i'm after a more aggressive, punchy definned sound, from what i can make out the joe bardens are supposed to do this.

thanks

Matt
  2. BuffaloBass

BuffaloBass

Cant speak to Barton's , only ever heard his gutar pups. Aero Type 1 or Fralins will fill the bill. Stock Nordy's wont, but I dont know anything about their "big single" "fat stacks" or whatever.

Seymour Duncan QPs do that sound if you're looking for a cheap mass produced set.

The Barton's, Aeros and Bill Lawrences are hand wound. The others are machine made, and hence, much less expensive.

Read the J pickup "sticky" thread for more info.
  3. amimbari

amimbari

I have a set of Bardens in my Charvel OEM from the factory. Very hot, very noiseless, no poles ( rails ). Yes it is a 5string bass but they are actually 4string pickups that mount in the same holes as any 4stringer. Thanks to the rails they have no signal loss across the strings.
    I actually have a spare one if your interested in buying it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]