1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

J5 Create JUC400 Wormhole Switch

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Jeff Elkins, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Jeff Elkins

Jeff Elkins Previously frebassist Supporting Member

If you work on both PC and Mac, there are multiple file transfer solutions. I tend to default to Dropbox. However, working on two machines on different platforms poses other challenges, not the least of which is peripheral sharing.
    A friend just raved about the JUC400 USB switch, and the reviews are killer.
    If you work on a Mac & PC--or, in my case, a Mac, a windows laptop w/VPN, and a PC with limited desktop real estate--this cable has the potential to solve a LOT of problems and/or make life easier. Again, there are other switch solutions, but I thought some of you might be in my boat, and maybe it'd help streamline your studio workflow.
    $25 at amazon right now.

Disclaimers abound:
    Don't know if this is the proper forum for this.
    Don't work for J5.
    Don't actually own this item yet. But I'll follow up with my experience soon!.
  2. Jeff Elkins

Jeff Elkins Previously frebassist Supporting Member

The promised update: The Wormhole works great, but has a few glitches.
    1. No drag & drop between machines, but it WILL copy/paste from one machine to another. I'm an old-school keyboard-shortcuts guy, so it took me a bit to figure out that the copy (or cut) and paste only works if you use the mouse right-click menu--NOT if you use keyboard shortcuts.
    2. It occasionally gets wonky with the keyboard--once in a while the letters don't work like they should (like, the occasional lower-case "R" for some reason; just stops working). This happens maybe once a week in heavy usage. For this and a couple other reasons, I find I have to unplug and replug the jump drive connectors. They auto-run like dropping a CD into your computer, and reload the software.
    That's the bad. The good is that, otherwise, it is a LIFESAVER. I use it with my Windows7 laptop, my Vista PC, and my macbook, and it's a dream come true. I'm going to buy another one to have as a backup. Great gadget.