1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Jack Johnson's bassist

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by justinellison3, Dec 17, 2012.

1. justinellison3

justinellison3

Is anyone else just in love with Jack Johnson's bassist's tone and lines? So smooth and simple that it just makes you feel so warm inside??

What's his name btw? And what's he play? Anyone know his rig and/or bass(es)?

And back to the original purpose of this thread... Does anyone else feel this way about his playing? :rolleyes:
  2. mjac28

mjac28 50th Anniversary Ed Sullivan February 9, 1964 Gold Supporting Member

I agree I love it also and it sounds so unprocessed just a great natural bass tone makes me feel embarrassed for all of my effects.
  3. 8liter

8liter

You're not the only one. I really dig his lines.
  4. jeffbonny

jeffbonny _____________ Supporting Member

LOL! Just this afternoon I was watching Johnson's second surf movie The September Sessions digging on the sound of the bass thinking how much I really didn't need or want all the effects I have kicking around....

The guy's name is Merlo Podlewski.
  5. justinellison3

justinellison3

I think I'm just gonna get some really nice P bass pickups and just use my Sansamp as a DI.... Lollars or Fender 62s??
  6. Chaser1

Chaser1

I saw him live a year or so ago and his bassist was playing a Gibson Les Paul bass.