1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Jackson JS3V vs Fender Squier Deluxe V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 0mag, Jan 3, 2013.

1. 0mag

0mag

(Español)

Hola, necesito comprar un bajo de 5 cuerdas, de bajo costo.
    Cual de estos 2 bajos es mejor?

-Jackson JS3V
    -Fender squier deluxe 5 strings

ambos cuestan lo mismo.
    Me gusta todo tipo de musica, he tocado desde metal y rock de todo tipo hasta musica salsa.
    Lo que busco es una buena cuerda low B y buenos agudos para slap.

Muchas gracias.

English (bad translation) :smug:

Hello, I need to buy a 5 string bass, low cost.
    Which of these 2 low is better?

-Jackson JS3V
    Fender Squier-deluxe 5 strings

both cost the same.
    I like all kinds of music, I've played from metal and rock music of all types up sauce.
    What I look for is a good low B string and good treble for slap.

Thank you.
  2. cliff em all

cliff em all

jackson most defineately
  3. 0mag

0mag

Thanks, any reason?
  4. bri450r

bri450r

I like my Silver JS3V. I don't know anything about Fender.
  5. Wallace320

Wallace320

I'm much better in English, by the way.

Opt for Squier Active Deluxe V

It's a particularly modern Jazz bass in basswood (that's better than Indian cedro, on Jackson JS3) with a somewhat "chunky" neck (I'd love it for heavy or downtuning purposes) ebonol fingerboard (a composite resin, dark and smooth like ebony, just, ok... Cheaper) three band equalizer and a midscoop switch suitable for slap.
    Of course electronics it's upgradable and many smart fellow TBers already did great jobs on that, yet Squier Active Deluxe V is proficient stock too

My €. 0,02

Cheers,
    Wallace
  6. zon6c-f

zon6c-f

I don't know anything about the Jackson, however, I have owned a Squier Jazz 5 Active since 2009.

Although I own a some more expensive basses, the Squier has become my main-go-to bass. I don't plan to modify, upgrade or otherwise change my Squier. It is fine as it is.

If I ever buy another bass, I will choose Squier again for my next bass, as well.
  7. Conzo93

Conzo93

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Spector basses
    I owned a Jackson CMG which is similar enough to the JS3 series in my opinion, I think Squier would be slightly more reliable as I've owned a couple of those before as well. The Jackson looks cooler and has a lot of good sounds, but I think the Squier is a bit more ergonomic and versatile in sound