1. Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ

A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

New posts to classifieds threads will only bump the thread once every 24 hours. Posts made before 24 hours since the last bump, will not bump the thread.

Jaco Pastorius Fretless Jazz Neck

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by A-Step-Towards, Jan 29, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A-Step-Towards

A-Step-Towards Supporting Member

No trades,Price is firm, International shipping is available.

With that out of the way I present to you a fantastic fretless neck. The neck was made in September of 2007, it is American made and the complete bass is $1800. The owner was a guitar player and rarely ever played bass and when he did so a fretted neck was used instead. I finally was able to do a trade, a fretted AV J neck for this.

I have never used it, just admired how nice of a fretless neck it is. Its straight and the truss works. Its in pretty much perfect condition I can find no marks but I refuse to use the term mint as I am sure it has some light mark somewhere but I cant find it.

These are rare, as I said I traded a AV neck for it those have a value of $500-$600. The only other Jaco neck I have ever seen for sale is on eBay right now and it is $720 plus shipping.

Its the best Fender made fretless neck IMO. Take a look at my feedback, I have owned a lot of gear and this is quality.

The tuner bushings are included but that is it hardware wise.

$500 Shipped CONUS

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Below is Fender Info on it, specs etc

Much of the mythos surrounding Jaco's original Jazz Bass (dubbed the "Bass of Doom") is exactly what did he do to the neck during the fretted-to-fretless conversion? The widely held belief is that he ripped the frets out and patched the holes that remained with wood filler, and then coated the fingerboard with several coats of marine epoxy to withstand the use of roundwound strings. This FENDER® re-creation of the "Bass of Doom" sports tidier white inlaid fretline markers in place of the suspected wood filler and the side dot position markers are centered between the fretlines.

Neck: Maple, "C" Shape, (Nitrocellulose Lacquer Finish)
    Fingerboard: Urethane Coated, Slab Cut
    Fretless, 20 Inlaid White Fretline Markers

Official Fender American Jaco Pastorius Fretless Jazz Bass Neck & Tuners- Maple w/ Pau Ferro Slab Fingerboard- Modern "C" Shape- 7.25" Radius (184 mm)- 20 Inlaid White Fretline Markers- 34" Scale Length (864 mm)- 1.50" Width at Nut (38 mm)- Nitrocellulose Finish- Genuine Fender
  2. A-Step-Towards

get you're mwah on
  3. A-Step-Towards

Off to a gig........must stop stalking ebay for a body for this. This is you're project not mine haha.
  4. A-Step-Towards

5. FunkyDigo

FunkyDigo

Sweet!! Great price!
  6. A-Step-Towards

I agree these are very sweet.

Thanks for the bump
  7. A-Step-Towards

8. A-Step-Towards

9. A-Step-Towards

10. A-Step-Towards

This is on hold 24 hours. I wont mark it as sold yet as it isnt if you are interested feel free to still contact me but I wont be taking payments until 24 hours from now.
  11. JazzBass1949

JazzBass1949 I Did That Ya I played There Ya I Did What a Blast Supporting Member

U Have P M 's read the LAST one Quick Mate!!! think ya like it..... Super D Pmt..... Now
  12. JazzBass1949

JazzBass1949 I Did That Ya I played There Ya I Did What a Blast Supporting Member

Ready To Pay Now For the Neck.... all ....
    Vic !!
  13. A-Step-Towards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.