1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Jaco Pastorius - Original 1976 LP pressing

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jg919, Mar 17, 2014.

1. jg919

jg919

Jul 7, 2010
    NSW Australia
    Hi Everyone!

I have an original 1976 pressing of Jaco's LP - the vinyl is in GREAT condition (and sounds unbelievably warmer than any CD remaster I have ever heard), and though the cover is in good condition, it has some minor age degradation.

The vinyl is in my studio taking up only a little space - and although I love it as a crucial part of bass history, I would like to sell it to someone who is more interested in framing/mounting it, etc...
    The vinyl's "spirit" or presence has granted me much inspiration over the last years, however I am a minimalist, and don't like to hang on to excess possessions.

From one music lover to another (many), I am wondering what sort of value this vinyl would have?
    Are these common items? I have seen many 2010 reissues on the market, but none claim to be an original 1976 pressing :)

Thanks everyone! John

2. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    Honestly not much. Curious, how are you determining its an original pressing?

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. There's a few doing $10 or less on ebay. Now if yours had an interesting and documented back story... (signed by, kept in the case with the bass of doom...etc)

5. Stick_Player

Stick_Player Banned

Nov 13, 2009
    Somewhere on the Alaska Panhandle (Juneau)
    Disclosures:
    Endorser: Plants vs. Zombies Pea Shooters
    warmer = pops, clicks, distortion, etc.

:eek:

6. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2010
    The Great Midwest
    +1 It's a vinyl LP of a person not widely known outside of the bass community I'm saying not much.