1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Jaco Pastorius - Original 1976 LP pressing

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jg919, Mar 17, 2014.

1. jg919

jg919

Hi Everyone!

I have an original 1976 pressing of Jaco's LP - the vinyl is in GREAT condition (and sounds unbelievably warmer than any CD remaster I have ever heard), and though the cover is in good condition, it has some minor age degradation.

The vinyl is in my studio taking up only a little space - and although I love it as a crucial part of bass history, I would like to sell it to someone who is more interested in framing/mounting it, etc...
    The vinyl's "spirit" or presence has granted me much inspiration over the last years, however I am a minimalist, and don't like to hang on to excess possessions.

From one music lover to another (many), I am wondering what sort of value this vinyl would have?
    Are these common items? I have seen many 2010 reissues on the market, but none claim to be an original 1976 pressing :)

Thanks everyone! John

2. narud

narud Supporting Member

Honestly not much. Curious, how are you determining its an original pressing?

3. theretheyare

theretheyare

There's a few doing $10 or less on ebay. Now if yours had an interesting and documented back story... (signed by, kept in the case with the bass of doom...etc)

4. Stick_Player

Stick_Player

Disclosures:
    Too many to list.
    warmer = pops, clicks, distortion, etc.

:eek:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SirMjac28

SirMjac28 Patiently Waiting For The Next British Invasion Gold Supporting Member

+1 It's a vinyl LP of a person not widely known outside of the bass community I'm saying not much.