Jaco Pastorius - Rice Pudding, help...

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Precisionb87, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Precisionb87

Precisionb87

Hello. If you are you are not familiar with this recording, its great. Check it out:

My band is trying to learn this tune, but we are getting stuck on the part at 0:41. Does anybody out there know this, or able to listen to it and figure it out? Tabs would be great:bag:
    Thanks!
  2. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

I have NFI but thanks that was smokin...
  3. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Levy's Leathers
    It's a line over the V chord. I dunno the exact notes cause to be honest I'm about 3 scotches deep and i'm not picking up my bass. Sounds like it's in Bb though.
  4. Jhonnybass

Jhonnybass Supporting Member

LMAO Mark - You're da man! This is JAMADAOR from Humber. Lol. We gotta hang soon! PrecisionB87....I'll give it a listen when I'm sober :)
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Precisionb87

Precisionb87

Thanks everyone! It is a pretty nasty jam, right? I'll check in periodically.
  7. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer Supporting Member

You'll learn more if you pick it out by yourself. Go get a program like Transcribe that can slow down the part so you can learn it.
  8. EZ9R

EZ9R

I just listen for a second , but it sound like he doing a chromatic run in major 2nds. Like first finger on E on the G string and the forth finger on the D on the D string.
    Check out that program called Transcribe. You can slow down files to 20% and below while retaining the same pitch. I use it quite a bit for fast bebop lines. It works great.
  9. Lownote38

Lownote38

Yeh. It's just chromatic and Jaco is playing it in octaves all the way down.