1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is still pending approval by Apple. If you haven't yet, try using your mobile browser - TalkBass is responsive to any screen size.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Jaco Pastorius - Rice Pudding, help...

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Precisionb87, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Precisionb87

Precisionb87

Hello. If you are you are not familiar with this recording, its great. Check it out:

My band is trying to learn this tune, but we are getting stuck on the part at 0:41. Does anybody out there know this, or able to listen to it and figure it out? Tabs would be great:bag:
    Thanks!
  2. Means2nEnd

Means2nEnd Supporting Member

I have NFI but thanks that was smokin...
  3. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Levy's Leathers
    It's a line over the V chord. I dunno the exact notes cause to be honest I'm about 3 scotches deep and i'm not picking up my bass. Sounds like it's in Bb though.
  4. Jhonnybass

Jhonnybass

LMAO Mark - You're da man! This is JAMADAOR from Humber. Lol. We gotta hang soon! PrecisionB87....I'll give it a listen when I'm sober :)
  5. Precisionb87

Precisionb87

Thanks everyone! It is a pretty nasty jam, right? I'll check in periodically.
  6. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer Supporting Member

You'll learn more if you pick it out by yourself. Go get a program like Transcribe that can slow down the part so you can learn it.
  7. EZ9R

EZ9R

I just listen for a second , but it sound like he doing a chromatic run in major 2nds. Like first finger on E on the G string and the forth finger on the D on the D string.
    Check out that program called Transcribe. You can slow down files to 20% and below while retaining the same pitch. I use it quite a bit for fast bebop lines. It works great.
  8. Lownote38

Lownote38

Yeh. It's just chromatic and Jaco is playing it in octaves all the way down.