Jaguar Bass StackKnob

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Gearguy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Gearguy

Gearguy

Has anybody put stackknobs on a Jag bass to give it the ability to blend pickups ? Care to share your wiring?

2. JoeWPgh

JoeWPgh

I originally wired mine with stacked volumes, but found it too easy to have the wrong knob turned down in series mode. So I redid it a blend pot in the tone position. Then used a stacked knob for V/T. I usually prefer individual volumes, but with a series/parallel setup, I prefer the blend pot. It just feel more intuitive to me.
    The web is littered with diagrams to wire a blend pot.

3. Essen

Essen Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't have a schematic for you, but I wired my Jaguar for stacked VV. Like JoeWPgh said, I would rather go with a blend knob. IMO the "favoring neck/bridge" settings really weren't all that useful. Also remember the control cavity is tight! I ordered one of those big stacked pots and I had to reverse the order of the V/T pots to make it fit.

4. line6man

line6man

Finding a pot for volume/blend will be challenging, as such wiring requires a concentric, triple-ganged pot with an odd combination of tapers. Unless you meant a concentric pot for volume/volume, in which case, people do that all the time.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Bobster

Bobster