1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Jaguar Bass StackKnob

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Gearguy, Jan 29, 2013.

1. Gearguy

Gearguy

Has anybody put stackknobs on a Jag bass to give it the ability to blend pickups ? Care to share your wiring?
  2. JoeWPgh

JoeWPgh

I originally wired mine with stacked volumes, but found it too easy to have the wrong knob turned down in series mode. So I redid it a blend pot in the tone position. Then used a stacked knob for V/T. I usually prefer individual volumes, but with a series/parallel setup, I prefer the blend pot. It just feel more intuitive to me.
    The web is littered with diagrams to wire a blend pot.
  3. Essen

Essen Supporting Member Supporting Member

I don't have a schematic for you, but I wired my Jaguar for stacked VV. Like JoeWPgh said, I would rather go with a blend knob. IMO the "favoring neck/bridge" settings really weren't all that useful. Also remember the control cavity is tight! I ordered one of those big stacked pots and I had to reverse the order of the V/T pots to make it fit.
  4. line6man

line6man

Finding a pot for volume/blend will be challenging, as such wiring requires a concentric, triple-ganged pot with an odd combination of tapers. Unless you meant a concentric pot for volume/volume, in which case, people do that all the time.
  5. Bobster

Bobster