1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Jaguar or P-Bass Flats/Rounds?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Journey55, Jan 23, 2014.

1. Journey55

Journey55

So I recently (a few hours ago) purchased a Fender Jaguar Bass from a Pawn Shop with a case and some case goodies. I'm excited cause I've always wanted one, however, I currently own a Fender American P-Bass with a Bartolini in the neck position and a standard P-pickup in the standard position (Bill Lawrence P-46 on the way though!).

My non-dilemma is, I have some TI Flats coming in the mail (from Bass Strings Online which was a lot less expensive then anywhere else online) that I had planned to put on my P-Bass but I am wondering if I should put them on the Jag and get Rounds (probably Rotos or Cobalts) for the P-Bass or put the Flats on the P-Bass as planned and put the rounds on the Jag. The Jag needs new strings desperately (there is literally rust covering the strings! :eek: ) so either way both basses are getting new strings!

TL;DR Put TI Flats on Jag or P-Bass and rounds on the other?

Thanks!
  2. TheAnalogKid

TheAnalogKid Yer Doin' GREAT!!!! Supporting Member

I dunno, go with your first instinct. If you find something amiss later on after a few hours/days/weeks playing, just swap strings among your basses. What I don't know, however, is if your Jaguar is standard 34" or short (30") scale. If the Jag is a SS, doing a string swap may be a problema!
  3. og61pbass

og61pbass

Put them on the Jag,I have a VM Jag with Chromes and it Thumps so smooth...:bassist:
  4. Osztertag2112

Osztertag2112

Id go p with flats and jazz with rounds....actually id go rounds with both! Try a few ways put and see which one u like best
  5. Journey55

Journey55

I'm leaning towards the flats on the P and some rounds on the Jag...not sure what kind of rounds though