1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Jam Origin Midi Bass software

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jasonmitsch, Jan 15, 2014.

1. http://jamorigin.com/products/midi-bass/

I didn't see any other posts about this with a quick search.

It's still beta & monophonic, but it looks promising based on the results of their midi-guitar. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow when I have more time. Just thought I'd share with the TB world because I know this is something that a lot of us have wanted in different capacities.

2. SBsoundguy

SBsoundguy

Sep 2, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Here's the Guitar version. Pretty neat IMO.

Driven Crane likes this.
  3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

4. I ended up trying it back when I first made this post. Definitely needs a lot of work. Barely useable.

5. SBsoundguy

SBsoundguy

Sep 2, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Yup, I gave the beta test a try. Definitely feels like it's still in the Alpha stages.

6. I have both the bass and guitar versions. It is impressive, especially the bass version considering it is a beta. They both perform comparable to my Yamaha G50 with a Roland GK3B. The guitar version tracks chords better than my hardware setup. The major drawback to both of them is they are processor intensive. I may have to switch to SSDs and Thunderbolt in order to really get them usable. But they are both very promising. I could see a bigger company buying Jam Origin and making this a feature of their DAW. Seems like something Apple would do.