1. Register your FREE Account to post and unlock tons of features!

Jam Origin Midi Bass software

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jasonmitsch, Jan 15, 2014.

1. http://jamorigin.com/products/midi-bass/

I didn't see any other posts about this with a quick search.

It's still beta & monophonic, but it looks promising based on the results of their midi-guitar. I'm going to give it a try tomorrow when I have more time. Just thought I'd share with the TB world because I know this is something that a lot of us have wanted in different capacities.

2. SBsoundguy

SBsoundguy

Sep 2, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Here's the Guitar version. Pretty neat IMO.

Driven Crane likes this.
  3. Sponsored by:

4. I ended up trying it back when I first made this post. Definitely needs a lot of work. Barely useable.

5. SBsoundguy

SBsoundguy

Sep 2, 2011
    Los Angeles
    Yup, I gave the beta test a try. Definitely feels like it's still in the Alpha stages.

6. jusplayinmybass

jusplayinmybass

Apr 17, 2003
    Conyers, Ga
    Disclosures:
    Keith McMillan Instruments, SIT Strings, Accugroove Cabinets
    I have both the bass and guitar versions. It is impressive, especially the bass version considering it is a beta. They both perform comparable to my Yamaha G50 with a Roland GK3B. The guitar version tracks chords better than my hardware setup. The major drawback to both of them is they are processor intensive. I may have to switch to SSDs and Thunderbolt in order to really get them usable. But they are both very promising. I could see a bigger company buying Jam Origin and making this a feature of their DAW. Seems like something Apple would do.

7. -Asdfgh-

-Asdfgh-

Apr 13, 2010
    A bit of Dead Can Dance there. I like this. And the ubiquitous Game of Thrones, of course.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015 at 4:51 PM
  8. jusplayinmybass

jusplayinmybass

Apr 17, 2003
    Conyers, Ga
    Disclosures:
    Here is a video of me playing with MidiBass at an open mic. Please excuse the singer. It is an open mic. It tracks pretty good.

9. -Asdfgh-

-Asdfgh-

Apr 13, 2010
    I presume that if you play high enough up the neck then MIDIGuitar and chords are an option. Since I downloaded the demos I can check this later.

10. jusplayinmybass

jusplayinmybass

Apr 17, 2003
    Conyers, Ga
    Disclosures:
    I play MidiGuitar with my bass. The chords track decent. Sometimes it will miss a note in the chord. But it seems to get the notes that play right.

11. -Asdfgh-

-Asdfgh-

Apr 13, 2010
    In the video you were playing well up the neck. Was that MIDI guitar? I presume MIDI guitar doesn't track the low end directly (except you could add a MIDI transpose in the chain).

12. jusplayinmybass

jusplayinmybass

Apr 17, 2003
    Conyers, Ga
    Disclosures:
    That was actualły MidiBass. I just have the notes transposed up. I never adjusted it from when I was using the synth and electric sounds together. I guess I could fix that. Lol

13. Dark Barn

Dark Barn Supporting Member

Aug 3, 2010
    Seattle
    There is a new beta version for bass available, supposedly with improved tracking. I just downloaded it but haven't had the chance to test it yet, need to drag my laptop and interface down to the rehearsal space.

Anyone using it already?

14. jusplayinmybass

jusplayinmybass

Apr 17, 2003
    Conyers, Ga
    Disclosures:
    I have it but haven't had the chance to use it. I will probably get to it some time Monday. I wish they had been able to make it polyphonic though. I really want to play chords. But I guess I can just use MidiGuitar if I must.

15. -Asdfgh-

-Asdfgh-

Apr 13, 2010
    Ah - maybe back to double necks too... maybe Geddy could get behind that :) But I guess the guitar product will track up the neck as you've done before.

Chords would be good, not least because a little extra triggering of a note would be better than losing an existing one so the implied tracking benefits would be good. I will have to experiment more, and with the Yamaha G50/B1D combo I have (does cords but I suspect my tracking woes are pickup height plus a bad 13 core cord).

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015 at 4:54 PM