1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Jamerson upright bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Type-55, May 13, 2004.

1. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2000
    I just got my first upright bass and was told it might be a Roth. It has the infamous made in Germany lable on the inside but that's it. The person I bought it from bought it in 1989 and it was a used bass then. Anyway since I've owned it I've been trying to find the manufacturers name with no luck. Well low and behold I was looking through the current issue of BassPlayer and it has an article about Jamersons bass and the related auction. I guess it didn't get the $400,000.00. Mine is the exact same bass. I can tell by the insignia on the back of the bass which I think is Bakalite. (sp?) Because Jamersons bass has such a story behind it would anyone know what company built this bass?

Thanks,
    Doug

2. Ike Harris

Ike Harris

May 16, 2001
    Nashville TN
    There's an identical bass to this at the university where I teach. It's also a carved Roth with the little gold crest on the back. I also used a rental bass like this in Chicago recently that sounded great, better than the school bass.

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2000
    Is this a Roth bass?

5. Ike Harris

Ike Harris

May 16, 2001
    Nashville TN
    Somewhere I heard or read that it was a Roth and the picture certainly seems to back up that assumption.