1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Jamerson upright bass

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Type-55, May 13, 2004.

1. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

I just got my first upright bass and was told it might be a Roth. It has the infamous made in Germany lable on the inside but that's it. The person I bought it from bought it in 1989 and it was a used bass then. Anyway since I've owned it I've been trying to find the manufacturers name with no luck. Well low and behold I was looking through the current issue of BassPlayer and it has an article about Jamersons bass and the related auction. I guess it didn't get the $400,000.00. Mine is the exact same bass. I can tell by the insignia on the back of the bass which I think is Bakalite. (sp?) Because Jamersons bass has such a story behind it would anyone know what company built this bass?

Thanks,
    Doug

2. Ike Harris

Ike Harris

There's an identical bass to this at the university where I teach. It's also a carved Roth with the little gold crest on the back. I also used a rental bass like this in Chicago recently that sounded great, better than the school bass.

3. Type-55

Type-55 Supporting Member

Is this a Roth bass?

4. Ike Harris

Ike Harris

Somewhere I heard or read that it was a Roth and the picture certainly seems to back up that assumption.

5. Register to disable this ad