1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

JamLink For Remote Rehearsal

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by musicman7722, Feb 10, 2014.

1. musicman7722

musicman7722 Supporting Member

Well I have found virtually nothing on this system so here I go.

For those not up on this it is technology that allows you to rehearse with others online. In my situation I joined a local band that half the members live an hour plus away. Add to the distance I broke my arm 2 months ago and don't want to drive that far due to it as well. I picked up a pair of these boxes from www.musicianlink.com for $375 for the pair. So far we have had 3 rehearsals. The first was really bad. Pops, noise etc but we finally got our connection hardware taken care of and the last two have been very satisfactory. So far it is just two guitars, bass and three vocals. We will add in the drummer soon.

So anybody else doing or done this?:bassist:

Chris
  2. atticpenny

atticpenny Supporting Member

Subscribed. I'm very curious about any and all of the internet-based band rehearsal programs out there. Seems odd that that musician link requires a "special box." Seems like software should be able to use any intrument interface into the computer. I wonder if there are options out there like that.
  3. sleepy_monkey

sleepy_monkey Supporting Member

Very cool. How it the latency?
  4. musicman7722

musicman7722 Supporting Member

To answer the first reply - yes there are some software versions out there. I did a Google search and it was slim pickings. The software solutions of course required you have a computer that was sound ready which i didn't have. Then you had to do some playing around with your router and firewall so I moved on.

The JamLink box has a 1/4" in jack and a 1/8" mike in and 1/8" headphone out. We use a small mixer into the 1/4" in and the each location takes the headphone out and places it onto a rolls unit.

Latency for me is fine. I had no issues. I miss the eye contact but for me right now I am just learning the arrangements with the guys. :hyper:

Chris