Jamplay online bass lessons

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by dlordssoldier, Mar 13, 2013.

1. dlordssoldier

dlordssoldier

I'm debating on signing up for a membership on jamplay. Has anyone tried out their new bass lessons? Would you recommend it? Thanks
  2. Kuroth

Kuroth

I saw the one they had for Guitar and always thought it looked interesting.. Did not realize they now have one for Bass.. Since its so new(The Bass one), probably not a lot of feedback on it yet.. I might give it a try for a while and see.. I like some of the featurs they offer..

I am currently taking on-line lessons from George Urbaszek and have been happy with them over all.. And there are some really good free sites as well (Studybass). I think they all have their good points.. But like anything, you get out of it, what you put into it.. No magic bullet...
  3. dlordssoldier

dlordssoldier

yeah I have been using studybass for a little while now and like it, I just think video lessons would be more of a benefit for me which is why the interest in the new jamplay. I was hoping enough people had jumped on already, but yeah it's pretty new. They offer a money back guarantee, i'll try it out. Thanks for your input
  4. casper_morgan

casper_morgan

im gunna have to check this out too
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Kuroth

Kuroth

I just joined that site and looked at everything they have to offer and it looks pretty impressive.. I am at work and could not do anything more than just look around but if it’s as good as it looks, it will be pretty good
  7. ics1974

ics1974

I am going to try Jamplay as well as it looks pretty interesting. I found they have a 7 day free trial and coupons if you choose to continue on. I think I will sign up tomorrow as I don't have much time to mess around today.
    http://www.jamplay.com/free-trial
  8. dlordssoldier

dlordssoldier

appreciate it guys, signing up for the 7 day trial right now
  9. alfoders

alfoders

I got the free trial as well and had a chance to "sample" a few of the lessons and instructors. The video and audio production quality is excellent. I like the video bookmarks and progress measurement tool. (Good backing tracks, too!)

I haven't had time to check out the depth of the "educational" content yet, but it looks like this service could be helpful to me. I think I need more time to check things out. I am going to sign up for a month for $20 before committing to a full year subscription.
  10. ics1974

ics1974

looks like the free trial dosn't include the bass section. I can only get into guitar stuff
  11. alfoders

alfoders

The bass lessons are new to the site. I got the free trial by contacting:
    support@jamplay.com

Send them an email and I'll bet they will hook you up for a trial membership.

12. ics1974

ics1974

thanks. just sent them an email.
  13. JamPlay

JamPlay

Hey guys...Kevin here with JamPlay. Since our launch in 2007, we focused solely on guitar. Throughout the past year, we've been working hard to get a bunch of great teachers / content together for our bass lessons.

That product launched earlier this year. We're proud of what we've put together and strongly believe you guys will learn a lot from it also.

As someone said, the trial membership is only good for our guitar product right now. But if you want a bass trial, just sign up for a guitar trial and email me (kevin at jamplay dot com) and I'll take care of you.

As an alternative, you can sign up for a paid membership and see how you like it. If you feel it's not for you, let us know and we'll give you a full refund.

If anyone has any other questions let me know!
  14. fretlesswonder

fretlesswonder Supporting Member

Now that is Customer Service! I signed up, like what they are offering so far!
  15. bassybill

bassybill The smooth moderator... Supporting Member

Media:
    Hi JamPlay - thanks for checking in here, much appreciated. I've just responded to your PM.
  16. ics1974

ics1974

I spent the last hour checking out a few bass lessons and they are really good. There is repetitive stuff from different instructors but allot of gems as well. You got to check out the songs by ear section is phase 2. If they keep adding enough content each month this is going to be a killer bass site.
  17. dlordssoldier

dlordssoldier

Really loving it so far, I'm starting off with the Evan Brewer series, one of my favorite bassist. I hope that the genre section can grow as much as the electric/acoustic guitar side has. Metal is the only genre listed there as of now, can't complain with bass lessons still being so new.
  18. bassinplace

bassinplace

Looks interesting. I didn't check all the instructors, but it seems as though all they have are beginning lessons right now for the jazz instructors. I'm gonna keep an eye on it for more intermediate/advanced stuff.
  19. alfoders

alfoders

I spent a couple of hours last night watching the lessons from Freebo...very helpful! I'm signing up for a month @ $20.
  20. ics1974

ics1974

I am loving this site. This is so far the best bass training site I have come across. I mentioned in another thread that it's hard to find information about playing with a drummer and locking in. Some really good video's about this.

@Jamplay Anyway we can get a special Talkbass discount? say $100 for a year. I would buy one today.
  21. progmanjum

progmanjum

I like your thinking.
    It does look like a good website...maybe we just need a little push.