Janek interviews Sean Hurley

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by petrus61, Feb 24, 2014.

1. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

There is just such a wealth of knowledge in this interview for aspiring bassists that I thought I'd share. I really connected with the part where Sean talks about how playing in a simple blues cover band basically catapulted him to stardom.

Disclaimer: I have never listened to either Janek or Sean's music on purpose or bought any records featuring their work.
  2. Janek.
    and you owe it to yourself to have a listen.
  3. petrus61

petrus61 Supporting Member

Whoops...same mistake twice (ill have to fix that, lol) I've actually been checking out both since and am kind of kicking myself for not giving both a chance earlier (for no other reason than simply not knowing who they were aside from name). Two very skilled and capable musicians taking it down very different musical paths.
  4. i hear ya. i keep discovering cats who never crossed my radar previously, and i get very excited by what i find- there's insanely great stuff out there!

i always dug this one-
    Janek and Hadrien, doing a Janek tune. great JG solo at the top! very musical.

5. Sponsored by:

6. Leo Smith

Leo Smith Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2009
    Dayton, OH
    Formerly with the US Air Force Band of Flight, Dayton, Ohio
    zombie thread revival --

Here's another really good and lengthy interview with Sean Hurley that just came out. (""I'd Hit That!"")

PodOmatic | Best Free Podcasts
    Kmrumedy likes this.
  7. Kmrumedy

Kmrumedy Supporting Member

May 12, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    THAT was an awesome interview with Hurley. You should make this an independant thread. This is a " must listen" for younger players thinking of making a career as a sideman bassist.