1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Japanese Boss BF-2B Bass Flanger, Vintage 1987, 4th Month Of Production, Clean!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Effects and Pedals' started by Josh Thatguy, Mar 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh Thatguy

Josh Thatguy Registered abUser Supporting Member

Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0

Disclosures:
    Use of this field for any other purpose is prohibited
    As pictured, up for grabs is my Japanese Boss BF2B (I keep thinking of Rush's BU2B as I type that). It was made in May of 1987; production on these didn't start until February of '87, so this is obviously an early unit. Here's the specs I ripped from a Boss website:

"By optimizing the BF-2 circuit for a lower frequency band, the BF-2B Bass Flanger was born. The Bass Flanger was not directly replaced when the BF-2B production stopped. After almost 10 years Boss replaced it with the BF-3.
    The BF-2B Bass Flanger adds swirling and dynamic effects to the bass sound. The bass fundamentals remain untouched as flanging is added to the harmonics only. The LFO (Low Frequency oscillator) is variable between 100ms and 16 seconds and this gives a wide specter of flanging sounds. The MANUAL knob controls the delay time, the DEPTH knob controls the sweep range, the RATE knob sets the sweep speed and the RESONANCE knob sets the amount of feedback desired."

Mine is in very good condition, especially for being 27 years old in a few weeks! The bottom label is missing due to old Velcro that was ripped off of it before I got it years ago, but the serial number in 1987 was in the battery compartment anyway, as pictured. Any imperfections in the paint are visible in the photos (click on them for bigger pics). In fact, the photos make it look worse than it seems in person. You really don't notice any chips unless you're looking. The most noticeable mark is a small paint rub above the second "s" in "Bass" on the top, but it's not a big deal. Functionally, this pedal is 100% as-new and performs exactly as it should. I've had it on my pedalboard but I'm doing some Spring cleaning and thinning the herd a bit, and I only used this pedal for two song parts, so I can't justify hanging on to it.

I'm looking for $70 SHIPPED to the lower 48 'States. Sorry, no international shipping. Paypal is fine. No trades on this one; I'm finally content with my setup. Please see my feedback for recent happy-customer transactions, but do what you can to ignore the one negative from over a year ago from a not-so-genius who experimented with different-voltage power sources on a vintage 10-volt pedal and then complained about a "squealing" after he baked the internals. I am a fair and honest seller, but that one was allllll on him after he tried a bunch of different wallwarts and toasted it.
    This Boss works perfectly with a 9volt battery OR a standard Boss power supply or pedalboard 9v input.

Any questions, just ask. I also have a Boss DS2 for sale for $45 shipped, listed in another ad. Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Josh Thatguy

Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0

Disclosures:
    (B.O.C. reference in that title line)

Attached Files:

3. Josh Thatguy

Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0

Disclosures:
    couple more photos, double-click to enlarge

Attached Files:

4. Josh Thatguy

Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0

Disclosures:
    Here's the May 1987 vintage proof

Attached Files:

5. Josh Thatguy

Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0

Disclosures:
  6. Josh Thatguy

Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0

Disclosures:
  7. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    78   0   0

Free bump for a great price on vintage Boss bass mojo
  8. Josh Thatguy

Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0

Disclosures:
    Update: DS-2 was sold locally today, so no more package deal on this.
    BF2B still $70, shipped, insured, tracked, and carefully packed with a ton of bubble wrap.
    Someone needs this besides me.....
  9. lyes4string

lyes4string Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist of Warwick Basses
  10. Josh Thatguy

Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0

Disclosures: