1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Jason Newsted solo

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by Glenn77, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Glenn77

Glenn77

Hi all – new to the whole bass guitar but have been wanting to take it up for a while.

I am a fan of Jason Newsted and there is a solo that Jason played when he was with Metallica – not even sure if it had an actual name – but for those familiar it would be before James would leave the stage and its even on their live album: Jason starts playing a little intro and James sings: “Hail Satan if you please......” – anyone have the tabs to that little intro?

:)

2. rydin4lifebass

rydin4lifebass

I remember seeing a live performance on YouTube with James talking and Jason was playing "Born Under a Bad Sign" by Albert King. When James leaves, Jason plays "Aenesthesia: Pulling Teeth". Is that what you're talking about?

3. Glenn77

Glenn77

No I actually found it - trusty ole' Youtube lol!

Here it is:

4. rydin4lifebass

rydin4lifebass

That's the exact clip I was talking about. He's just playing a variation of Born Under a Bad Sign By Albert King. I attached a tab for it...

Attached Files:

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Glenn77

Glenn77

Thanks bro! :bassist:

7. Dave W

Dave W Previously bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

That's a REALLY quiet crowd...

8. Glenn77

Glenn77

and its supposedly Mexico I believe. Maybe they did a Van Halen live thing and have a fake crowd lol

9. Dave W

Dave W Previously bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

I think the recording is doing something screwy. The bass sounds like it's coming straight off the board and way louder than it would normally be.

10. rydin4lifebass

rydin4lifebass

Not sure if you're still looking for this song or not but I just uploaded a tab of the original Albert King version. I can't link to it according to the new forum because of my "like ratio" and my "likes received" are at zero...not sure what that has to do with posting a link but I'd be happy to send it to you in a private message if you're looking for it...

EDIT...just saw that I already posted a tab for the Albert King version...horrible memory!

Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
    Smurf_Byte likes this.