1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Jason Newsted's new band

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jan 8, 2013.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Supporting Member

In case you did not hear, Jason Newsted has a new band that just released an EP today through I-Tunes http://newstedheavymetal.com/ I'm glad to see Jason making the METAL again. :bassist:
  2. Demon_Hunter

Demon_Hunter

I was hoping to like this, but.....meh..I must be getting old....it didn't sound all that great and it hurt my ears. :help:
  3. bearhart74

bearhart74

4. zachoff

zachoff

Not bad, but not real inspired... To me, anyway. Too compressed, too gated, too "produced". I dunno. Overall, meh.
  5. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 Supporting Member

Sounds fine to me. What'd you expect?
  6. TigerInATrance

TigerInATrance

I like Echobrain much better than this, but, it's better than what Metallica has done since he left...
  7. MAJOR METAL

I agree with you on that point. The Echobrain recordings had a cool vibe to them. :cool:
  8. MAJOR METAL

Sounds like there will be a few more EPs before the songs are released together as an album.
  9. AndyLES

AndyLES

Actually, I think it's pretty damned good. Basic, unpretentious, and straightforward. He certainly isn't a great lyricist, but the overall material is fairly strong, given the legacy (partly his own) that he's up against. Whether this can translate over a full album remains to be seen, but the first impression is positive.
  10. Llaslo

Llaslo

You can def. here the Metallica-esque quality of it, but I'd agree. It's simply meh. It sounds a bit dated to me.
  11. mcm

mcm

Maybe he has a drummer that can keep time now