1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Jason Newsted's new band

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Jan 8, 2013.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL A Hard Rockin Lover of GREENBURST Supporting Member

In case you did not hear, Jason Newsted has a new band that just released an EP today through I-Tunes http://newstedheavymetal.com/ I'm glad to see Jason making the METAL again. :bassist:

2. I was hoping to like this, but.....meh..I must be getting old....it didn't sound all that great and it hurt my ears. :help:

3. TalkBass Friendly Advertisement

to hide this ad and more.
  4. bearhart74

bearhart74

Feb 26, 2009
  5. Not bad, but not real inspired... To me, anyway. Too compressed, too gated, too "produced". I dunno. Overall, meh.

6. Epitaph04

Epitaph04 EBMM Nut Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2010
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Sounds fine to me. What'd you expect?

7. I like Echobrain much better than this, but, it's better than what Metallica has done since he left...

8. MAJOR METAL

I agree with you on that point. The Echobrain recordings had a cool vibe to them. :cool:

9. MAJOR METAL

Sounds like there will be a few more EPs before the songs are released together as an album.

10. AndyLES

AndyLES

Aug 25, 2008
    New York
    Actually, I think it's pretty damned good. Basic, unpretentious, and straightforward. He certainly isn't a great lyricist, but the overall material is fairly strong, given the legacy (partly his own) that he's up against. Whether this can translate over a full album remains to be seen, but the first impression is positive.

11. Llaslo

Llaslo

Mar 8, 2012
    TX
    You can def. here the Metallica-esque quality of it, but I'd agree. It's simply meh. It sounds a bit dated to me.

12. mcm

mcm

Oct 2, 2007
    Nashville, TN
    Maybe he has a drummer that can keep time now