Jazz Bass Part Out - Fender/DiMarzio

Discussion in 'For Sale: Accessories' started by Tom F, Jan 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

1/12/13 - Last Price Drops!

Picked this up as a project, but don't have the time to finish it. Hopefully these parts will be helpful to some others…

Lots of pics of everything at this link, a few below.

The body, neck and associated hardware below come from a 1994 Fender MIM Jazz (Black Label, "Squire Series"). The pick guard is an aftermarket replacement (Chandler) and the pickups are DiMarzio DP123's.

Semi Loaded Body - [DEL]$150 shipped OBO[/DEL] [DEL]$115 Shipped[/DEL] SOLD

• White in color, slightly creamy, bridge and grounding wire installed, as well as Dunlop straplok buttons
    • 5 lbs, 13 oz with bridge and strap buttons installed
    • Shielded with copper foil - pickup routes are same width as is typical for the older MIM"s
    • drilled for a one piece pickguard/control plate. Original is long gone but a decent Chandler replacement is included. Screw holes lie up, but as pictures show control and pickup holes are a little rough. If I was keeping it I'd probably drill a few extra holes and install the separate metal control plate and pickguard.
    • knobs also included, but there are two tone and one volume.
    • I'll also throw in the miss mosh of pick guard screws, as well as the pots and jack that were when I bought this. The electronics are semi-wired (pretty ugly soldering job - not my fault!) Alpha 250K pots and a decent switchcraft jack. Will need a little TLC but they work.

Loaded neck - [DEL]$150 shipped OBO[/DEL] [DEL]$110 shipped[/DEL][DEL] $100 shipped[/DEL] $90 shipped

• Maple/Rosewood, "Squire Series" decal on headstock
    • Original MIM tuners included as well as original nut (which is in good shape but not pictured)
    • 2.5 inches at neck pocket, 1.5 inches at nut
    • First few frets have slight wear, but it plays fine. Fret ends could use a little filing, but not that bad. Didn't bother me when I had it installed.
    • gloss finish on back of neck was knocked down a little to more of a satin finish
    • Previous owner drilled a couple of tiny holes in the front of the headstock for another string retainer
    • Full disclosure - the joint between the neck and skunk stripe can be felt. The skunk stripe is flush with the rest of the neck, but you can feel the line in the finish where they meet. Neck set up just fine when I had it installed, and I assume that since it's 20 years old any issues would have surfaced by now.

[​IMG]

DiMarzio DP123S Model J pickups - [DEL]$75 shipped OBO[/DEL][DEL] $60 shipped[/DEL] SOLD

• both pickups the shorter length (DP123S) as shown in the pictures, spec'ed for the older MIM bodies with both pickup routes the same length
    • Plenty of pickup lead left
    • I'll include the pickup mounting screws, but one of them is stripped and unusable. The other 7 are OK.

2. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

Bump - feel free to make an offer, also interested in trades for a Mono or similar 2 bass gig bag.

3. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

BTTT with some decent price drops that should put things a little more in line with the market.

4. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

Body is sold. Neck and pickups still available

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

Looking at my description, I probably made the neck sound a little worse than it is. The issue with the skunk stripe is purely in the finish - just a little separation. I've had other Fender's where the stripe is actually pulling away from the rest of the neck. That isn't the case here.

So BTTT with the minor clarification above.

7. yodedude2

yodedude2 Supporting Member

payment sent for pickups, thanks!

8. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

Pickups packed and label printed. Thanks yodedude2!

Everything sold but the neck.

9. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

Bump for the neck - including the last price drop:

$100 paypal'd and shipped!

10. bassman_al

bassman_al Supporting Member

Is it possible to get a couple close-up pics of the headstock? Curious about scratches and dings. Thanks.

11. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

There's a gallery of pics up on flickr, including close ups of just about everything:

Jazz Bass Parts

Let me know if it doesn't come up and I'll try to post them inline.

12. bassman_al

Hey Tom,
    Thanks for the response. I was hoping to see some shots of the tip of the headstock since that is where most neck dings are. I understand that you might not be able to get those shots, so a description of the condition of the top of the headstock would be fine in lieu of pics. Thanks!

13. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

I can get fresh pics at lunchtime (in a couple hours). The end of the headstock is pretty clean if I remember correctly, but the pictures will tell the story better.

14. bassman_al

Great Tom. No rush, whenever you can get to it.

15. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

Here are a couple pics. Some small dings, but it seems in line with its age.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. bassman_al

For a 20 year old neck, those are very small dings! Heck, even for a newer neck those dings are very small!

17. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

Thanks Al! I'll give the neck a Saturday morning bump.

Hope everybody has a great day!

18. Tom F

Tom F Supporting Member

OK - I lied about the last price drop being the final one. Will probably toss this up on eBay soon.

For now, will sell for a rock bottom price of $90 shipped and paypal'd in the continental US.

Also willing to trade (plus a healthy amount of cash on my end) for a mono or igig 2 bass gig bag.

***1/13 Edit***

Listed the neck in its own thread:

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f129/...jazz-neck-squire-series-1045676/#post15372069

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.