1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

Jazz Basses w/ matching headstocks that come in lake placid blue

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 90CR, Nov 9, 2012.

1. 90CR

90CR

I know about the fender '75 reissue, but i'm looking for something cheaper, and i'm not interested in the James Johnson signature squier. Don't need to be name brand.

2. Caca de Kick

Caca de Kick Supporting Member

Fender Japan also offered a 75RI in LPB for a while and were cheaper. One was in the classifieds not too long ago.

Or paint one yourself, get the color from Reranch.

3. soulman969

soulman969

Check with the importers like Rondo and GFS but most of them that I've seen are Fenders either MIA or MIJ or the new Squier. If cheap is what you seek then I'd find an import you like and just paint the headstock to match.

4. vin*tone

vin*tone

Yeah Fender Japan did a run of 70s RI's in the mid 2000's in some late 60's colours. Their LPB was a bit darker and called "Old Lake Placid Blue - OLPB"

[​IMG]

Pickups are in the 70s posn too.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. bassingeorge

bassingeorge

7. 90CR

90CR

After doing more research I've come to the conclusion that painting the headstock of my bass is probably the best option. Is the reranch LPB metallic accurate to the LPB fender puts on their basses today?

8. UnDoNe

UnDoNe

I would think it may be easier to paint the body and headtsock with the same paint. Reranch LPB is a lot darker than Fender's current one, so it would look a bit odd.