Jazz, Blues, Rock in NYC - Recommended Venues

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Brock15, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Brock15

Brock15

I am taking my wife to NYC and would like to take in some music. The price of a kidney beiung what it is, we only have 3 nights for music. Into Jazz, Blues and Rock - any suggested "off the beaten path" venues? Thanks for any input.
  2. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Media:
    Albums:
    Disclosures:
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Well, I can only speak for jazz. he "historical" venues are expensive - Vanguard, Blue Note, Smoke/Augies, Birdland's 3rd incarnation. Minton's is reopened, nice house band. Dizzy's is a great club, but again, not cheap.

You should check out Smalls, 55 Bar, Knickerbocker still has some nice duos.

If you don't already know about this, well, now you do. Somewhere around the last 5 pages, there's a list of every venue having a performance during the month and who's playing.
  3. bassgod0dmw

bassgod0dmw Supporting Member

The Iridium is another jazz club, although it's VERY much on the beaten path being in Times Square.
  4. Brock15

Brock15

Thanks Ed, I appreciate your input. Small's has a nice line up on the 19th of April.

Tony.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. oldrocker

oldrocker

Very nice