Jazz Pickups..wiring problems

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Donavan, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Donavan

Donavan

Hi folks, I've got a really nice Jazz bass....4 string...not top of the line but works for me! Of course, my forte is a Ric 4003 with good roundwounds....anyway, all of the electronics HAD stopped working, so I had sold it to a guy on craigslist....recently...I happened to run into the SAME bass I owned without knowing it! SO, what's the problem? Well, The neck pickup and TONE knob WORK PERFECTLY, however.....the bridge pickup doesn't seem to make any noise....... So I'm thinking....incorrectly wired, OR a faulty pot. I have a squier Precision bass I wouldn't mind "stealing" a pot from(both WORK!) I'm going to call around to guitar center and a few other places/people....but I don't want to pay through the nose! I'm not sure what GC usually charges...but ANYWAY, can someone provide me a wiring diagram, it is an unbranded bass,(although AWESOME quality)in case I would have to go the DIY at home route.... the pickups have blue/red wires coming from them.....if necessary I suppose I could pull the control plate and snap a picture..I'd like to email them to you(I can do it all off of my phone, rather than messing with uploading) let me know thanks!
  2. Crater

Crater

3. Donavan

Donavan

Thanks Crater! I had already fixed it, but that's a neat diagram, should save that for future reference.