1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TB Android app is working, you may need to uninstall/reinstall. The iPhone app is now updated and should work after you upgrade. TalkBass is responsive to any screen size, so we recommend using your mobile browser for full functionality.

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Jazz V Quarters?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by TeeZeeMee90, Jan 28, 2013.

1. TeeZeeMee90

TeeZeeMee90 Supporting Member

Anyone used or have experience with the SD 5 string version of the Jazz QP's?

I have heard a couple youtube videos of them and they sound pretty beefy, and that's kind of what I am going for. I am a big all-around guy but like to play Punk and Reggae roots.

Also, how hard would they be to install myself? I have NO experience with guitar work but can wire a house and car haha!
  2. TeeZeeMee90

No one have experience with Quarter Pounders on their Jazz? :(
  3. abemo

abemo

I'm not familiar with the fiver version, but my j style has had the 4 string QPs for a while. While they are beefy, I find the mids and lower mids lacking, and the high end a bit excessive, you have to be very careful on the attack, otherwise they can get clanky (all attack, not much tone on the decay). Good pups for punk, less so for raggea. I bought them for use with a metal band, and they were great for that, especially in series mode, for my current band (zepplin/grunge blues rock) I switched to a P, they just weren't cutting the mix after the attack.

Basically, good pups if you want a heavily scooped, attack oriented sound, otherwise, not so much.
  4. TeeZeeMee90

5. FunkyMan

FunkyMan

6. Mykk

Mykk

I have a set of Jazz QP fivers in my Vintage Modified Jazz V, I really dig them. They have a big modern sound and are naturally mid-scooped but have a nice bite to them.
  7. TeeZeeMee90

Those sound really good! If I do upgrade my PUPs on my V it will be these.

Yall have any advice when installin?