1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Jbl Eon G2 15

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by suraci, Nov 24, 2012.

1. suraci

suraci

I am coming around ( returning after trying other amps ) to the eon 15 with my passive J , for jazz/ fusion gigs - lower volumes than many use here
    I've run a Boss 7 band in front of the Eon "mixer" to correct the impedance mismatch and to gain some tone flexibility .
    I don't understand impedance esp in terms of what mixers - pedals eq etc., are higher quality than the Boss ( I've found them not the most reliable ) and which are ideally suited to correcting the impedance mismatch.
    Don't say it's a bad idea to use a PA speaker for bass until you try it.
    Since eon cuts off at around 65 hz I'm thinking of trying two or adding a sub.
    There is an authenticity to the tone with this pwrd pa speaker - I just can deny it.
    But by itself it severely limited the tone due to ( I'm told ) the impedance issue

What would be better than the Boss pedal ?
    Thank you
  2. suraci

suraci

3. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs, Jule Amps
    You'd probably be better with more of a preamp pedal like Paradriver or the 3LeafAudio Enabler.
  4. suraci

suraci

The 3 leaf enabler? I'll check on google
    Thank you