Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love

Discussion in 'Tablature [BG]' started by bassnut14, Oct 17, 2013.

1. bassnut14

bassnut14

I've been searching and searching for ages for accurate transcriptions of this song and have found nothing, I've tried to figure it out from cover videos and no luck (I find it difficult to do that at the best of times let alone with such a nimble bass-line). I've found some hope in that apparently there was a transcription of it in a bass player magazine (the December 2011 one I believe?), but I've been unable to find this transcription or any evidence it exists except for a thread on this site from 2 years ago. all tabs I've found so far have been WAAAAAAAAYYYYYYY off. can anybody help me? this bass line is such a great one and I'd like to learn it, but my abilities in terms of things such as figuring things out by ear and the like are lamentable. :( any help would be GREATLY appreciated.
  2. BawanaRik

BawanaRik Supporting Member

3. bassnut14

bassnut14

I've had a look at that one several times, and it's way off, there's much more going on in the actual bass line than that. thanks though, but yeah, it's way off (I Know I said my ear sucks, but I can tell when something's damned wrong) lol.
  4. azbazz

azbazz

Do you want a Chord and Lyrics chart or a tab chart? I have both that may work for you or get you close.
  5. Register to disable this ad
  6. SturmUndDrang

SturmUndDrang

I have that bass player issue. If you want it, I can send it to you. While Bass Player is generally accurate with their transcriptions, they aren't always perfect. Also if you can hear that a transcription is wrong, doesn't that mean you already have an idea what the right notes should be? I hate to deprive you of the sense of accomplishment and learning experience you can gain by working it out yourself but if you want the mag, pm me and we'll make arrangements.
  7. lexington125

lexington125

FYI - the bassplayer transcription is for a live version, not sure where/when, but if you are looking for the recorded version, it is substantially different. (Jack goes a bit nuts on the live version)
  8. obimark

obimark

THere was an issue of Guitar World that had the album version would have been about 6 years ago I believe.
  9. bassnut14

bassnut14

Azbazz, I was looking for a tab chart, chords and lyrics haven't helped much sadly/ SturmUndDrag, is there some way you could scan the transcription and post it in pdf form or something akin to that? Thanks for the help so far guys.