Jenny Lee Lindberg Aguilar

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Wild Steve, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Wild Steve

Wild Steve

Looking at a few pictures of Warpaint and looks like Jenny is using Aguilar gear now? Anyone know if she's started endorsing them or something? She always used Ampeg before (and some Hartke).
    Steve

2. Wild Steve

Wild Steve

OK, just saw them in Manchester and she had her old rig SVT CL and 810. Maybe it was being serviced and she had an Aguilar as backup :)
    Steve

3. Milk

Milk

So I wondered who that was so i looked the band up. Now i've just discovered a new band. I like it. And they're from California too. I always say no band from California is ever good. Guess there's exceptions. They remind me a bit like what me and my brother used to sound like when we used to play together back in the days.

4. Thick McRunfast

Thick McRunfast Not just good, good enough Supporting Member

Me too. Like them and I've got Billie Holiday stuck in my brain

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Wild Steve

Wild Steve

She's a bass player who (literally) takes centre stage and makes a big impact with her simple but creative basslines, plus the whole band just seems to have such a lot of fun playing together :)
    Steve
    ...And that white Ric!!!!

7. Iheartreverb

Iheartreverb

I saw her a week or so ago and it was Ampeg too. I've always been a massive fan of her tone and playing style.

When I saw her she was using a borrowed precision bass as their guitars hasn't been shipped (Amps and pedals were there though), it just wasn't the same!

Her pedals board is

TU2-Way Huge Pork Loin-Boss OC1-Boss CEB3- EHX Holy Grail-Boss DD3

8. Wild Steve

Wild Steve

Are you sure it was borrowed? She has always had a 72 P Bass as well as the 78 Ric as far as I know.
    Steve

9. Iheartreverb

Iheartreverb

Yeah cause as well as saying it on stage (that stuff hadn't arrived) they all borrowed stuff from the support band apart from Jenny who had this p bass from somewhere.

If I remember right, her precision is white where as this was black.

The sound as a whole suffered from not having he right gear but I suppose they should have sound checked longer.

10. Wild Steve

Wild Steve

Oh, right, yeah her's is white. I always thought Rics were the best choice when using effects - they seem to cut through still when using chorus etc. While most basses seem to get a bit mushy.
    Steve

11. Iheartreverb

Iheartreverb

Don't have to tell that to me! I have fake Ric and does a similar job.

She does use hers well though, uses different pickup positions and changes between fingers and picks.

12. NDpeppers

NDpeppers

well i know before she used to use an old fender head and ampeg 8x10 and four some tours an a svt classic along with the fridge. to tell the truth it could all be back line especially in europe. I've seen them play at the troubadour in la and i was front stage right in front of her. but at that show she was using Flea's bass rig who was jamming after with john frusciante. I believe she the aguilar gear is her own new personal gear because they played a grand opening of a clothing store here in la and she was using the aggy head and 1x12 cab for that show.actress mila jovavich was there as well. Met jenny a couple of times, very nice and down to earth for the slum of los angeles that we live in.

13. Wild Steve

Wild Steve

Good info, yeah she's super-cool :)
    She also used a Hartke rig a lot, it's in lots of the videos - HA3500 and a Hydrive 410 I think?
    Steve

14. NDpeppers

NDpeppers

i've seen older pictures of her using an Ashdown 4x10 combo too