1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum. Thank you for all of your feedback.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.

Jenny Lee Lindberg Aguilar

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Wild Steve, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Wild Steve

Wild Steve

Looking at a few pictures of Warpaint and looks like Jenny is using Aguilar gear now? Anyone know if she's started endorsing them or something? She always used Ampeg before (and some Hartke).
    Steve
  2. Wild Steve

Wild Steve

OK, just saw them in Manchester and she had her old rig SVT CL and 810. Maybe it was being serviced and she had an Aguilar as backup :)
    Steve
  3. Milk

Milk Supporting Member

So I wondered who that was so i looked the band up. Now i've just discovered a new band. I like it. And they're from California too. I always say no band from California is ever good. Guess there's exceptions. They remind me a bit like what me and my brother used to sound like when we used to play together back in the days.
  4. Thick McRunfast

Thick McRunfast Supporting Member

Me too. Like them and I've got Billie Holiday stuck in my brain
  5. Wild Steve

Wild Steve

She's a bass player who (literally) takes centre stage and makes a big impact with her simple but creative basslines, plus the whole band just seems to have such a lot of fun playing together :)
    Steve
    ...And that white Ric!!!!
  6. Iheartreverb

Iheartreverb

I saw her a week or so ago and it was Ampeg too. I've always been a massive fan of her tone and playing style.

When I saw her she was using a borrowed precision bass as their guitars hasn't been shipped (Amps and pedals were there though), it just wasn't the same!

Her pedals board is

TU2-Way Huge Pork Loin-Boss OC1-Boss CEB3- EHX Holy Grail-Boss DD3
  7. Wild Steve

Wild Steve

Are you sure it was borrowed? She has always had a 72 P Bass as well as the 78 Ric as far as I know.
    Steve
  8. Iheartreverb

Iheartreverb

Yeah cause as well as saying it on stage (that stuff hadn't arrived) they all borrowed stuff from the support band apart from Jenny who had this p bass from somewhere.

If I remember right, her precision is white where as this was black.

The sound as a whole suffered from not having he right gear but I suppose they should have sound checked longer.
  9. Wild Steve

Wild Steve

Oh, right, yeah her's is white. I always thought Rics were the best choice when using effects - they seem to cut through still when using chorus etc. While most basses seem to get a bit mushy.
    Steve
  10. Iheartreverb

Iheartreverb

Don't have to tell that to me! I have fake Ric and does a similar job.

She does use hers well though, uses different pickup positions and changes between fingers and picks.