Jesse Ebaugh's (Heartless Bastards) Tone/Gear?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Ed_in_NE_Ohio, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Ed_in_NE_Ohio

Ed_in_NE_Ohio

In my opinion Jess Ebaugh of Heartless Bastards has one of the most appealing bass tones in Rock.

I'd love to hear about his gear (what kind of old Fender is that he's playing? It just kills!) or suggestions from more experienced players about how one might fashion a similar sound.

Thanks.

[​IMG]

2. Ron Now

Ron Now

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    Well that's a 70's fender Telecaster bass. And what looks like a Sunn 2x15 cab and perhaps a trace Elliot tube amp. Definitely a 70's fender tele bass and sunn cab + a tube amp.

3. Ed_in_NE_Ohio

Ed_in_NE_Ohio

Thanks very much Ron.

To complicate matters, in the Letterman video he playing through a completely different amp/cab combination. Looks like a ss amp head into a 2X15 cab?

Man, I love that tone! If I could get a blending of his tone with Emma Richardson's (Band of Skulls) 'P-bass into Ampeg' "hard rock sledgehammer" tone, I'd be one happy bass player! :bassist:

4. Ron Now

Ron Now

Disclosures:
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    The letterman video same bass, different 2x15 cab with an old Gallien Krueger RB400 on top of it. Definitely some sort of fuzz effect too, I'm pretty sure whatever it is, is sitting on top of the amp. It's not a muff based fuzz. Something vintage sounding more like a brassmaster or something like that.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. Ed_in_NE_Ohio

Ed_in_NE_Ohio