1. Welcome to TalkBass 2014! If you're new here, we just went through a major site upgrade. Please make yourself at home! I've deleted the previous "migration" threads, please post all concerns and bugs to the Forum Usage Issues forum. We will be monitoring that forum.

The TalkBass iphone/android app is NOT WORKING currently. We're working on it. Tapatalk IS working, so if you need to use an app, use Tapatalk. Try using your browser though - TalkBass is now 100% responsive to your phone/tablet screen size ;)

Please read the TalkBass 2014 FAQ for lots of great info on the new software.
  2. Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting. Note that the Classifieds Forums are now single-post ads. You can edit your ad any time to enter additional information. You can BUMP your ad by clicking the "bump" link at the bottom of your post (once every 24 hours). Thanks!

JGR Modified Heritage SVT

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Sliderbass, Oct 20, 2013.

1. Sliderbass

Sliderbass Dr. Bass, The best cabinet you'll NEVER own! Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

Up for sale here is a mint condition 2013 Ampeg Heritage SVT that has been "improved" by our good friend JGR. See this thread for the info;

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/comparison-jgr-svt-jgr-6sl7-preamp-979858/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The head includes a Studio Slips cover. It is in perfect working order with ZERO issues.

I am looking for $1900 + shipping. I have the factory box and will pack the amp in that and then have it boxed and shipped.
  2. 3rdcurve

3rdcurve Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0

Holy moly, you are have an awesome gear sellathon!
  3. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    100   0   0

Is that what the mod actually is? If so, someone should buy it. I already have a 70's svt though.
  4. Sliderbass

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

He modified the preamp section to mirror HIS preamp and then worked on the power amp section, adding additional capacitance
    to the power supply. IF my memory is working today. It's all in the thread I linked in the first post.
  5. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    138   0   0

Disclosures:
    Records of Existence/PyrE owner
    jeez frank!! are you okay? youre selling off a ton of SERIOUS gear...
  6. Sliderbass

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

I'm fine Jason, just at a point where I want to simplify and trim down...
  7. jeff62

jeff62 Supporting Member

Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0

Do have a circuit diagram that details the changes made? That would be useful for a new owner in the event a service situation occurs.
  8. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

No diagram would be required to service, so hopefully whoever ends up with this great head will respect my IP. The preamp isn't identical to mine by any means, but it captures a lot of the same vibe and is much improved over stock IMO/IME. I find the stock preamp to distort too quickly and in an unpleasant way. With the tweaks, there is more headroom, overall clarity and low end cohesion are improved, and the overdrive character is sweeter. The power section also has more punch and clarity at high volumes, no mush.
  9. Sliderbass

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

BUMP…Still here and still for sale…
  10. jeff62

jeff62 Supporting Member

Rating - 96.7%
    29   1   0

Correction.... was for sale. :D :bassist: I am so looking forward to rockin' this amp. Thanks Frank! :hyper:
  11. JGR

JGR The "G" is for Gustav Supporting Member

Rating - 100%
    51   0   0

Congrats, it's a great head! Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
  12. Sliderbass

Rating - 100%
    54   0   0

Should be shipped tomorrow....

Thanks Jeff!