1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

JHS Moonshine Overdrive Substitue?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by zombiecatz, Mar 3, 2014.

1. zombiecatz

zombiecatz

OK, so I'm planning on getting some pedals I've been asking around on the forums for advice on specific pedals and have been satisfied with all of the TBers responses and now I I'm looking to get an overdrive pedal like the JHS Moonshine which on the youtube demo sounds killer with a P bass and the b15n but since im broke :atoz: I am atleast trying to get a similiar(not exact of course) sound on a budget :D Im talking like an Overdrive under U.S $100.

So is there a Pedal That I can get that gets me in the ballpark of that overdrive sound?? Ive been looking at the very popular Joyo pedals. Ive done some research and found out that the Moonshine is based on the Ts9/8 and The Joyo family has the Vintage overdrive which is an almost exact clone of the TS and im planning on getting a VT bass pedal as well. So Maybe if a get a good overdrive pedal to drive the vt bass I can be close to that awesome sound? Here is the Link to the DEMO and THE SOUND I'm after.:hyper:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3vRlTBOKs8#t=43