Jimmy Haslip Clinic & Lessons - June 15th!!

Discussion in 'Rocket Music' started by RocketMusic, Apr 11, 2012.

1. RocketMusic

RocketMusic Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    As many of you already know, Jimmy Haslip is coming to the area for a Roscoe get-together in Greensboro. Jimmy has kindly agreed to appear both in Blacksburg on Friday, June 15th and in Greensboro on Saturday the 16th!!

:bassist::hyper::bassist::hyper::bassist:

The June 15th clinic will be held at Rocket Music from 7:30 PM to 9 PM. There's no charge to attend the clinic, and it is open to the general public.

I'm not sure where the clinic will be held just yet. My hope is that we can make enough renovation progress at our North Main store to host it here, but Plan B will be to hold it at our Draper Rd store.

Roscoe is sponsoring the event, as are Aguilar, Dunlop and Rocket Music. Many thanks to Roscoe, Aguilar and Dunlop!! I'll probably put out a donation jar at the clinic. Donations are welcome, but not necessary.

Jimmy has also made himself available for several 2-hour lesson slots. These are private, one-on-one lessons with the man himself. His rate is $175 for 2 hours. We have slots available at noon, 2:00 and 4:00 on June 15th. I am now accepting reservations, so please contact me if you're interested.

Please plan to attend if you can! I know a lot of active TB folks are coming in from all over the country, so it should be a tremendously fun event!!

[​IMG]

2. VroomVroom

VroomVroom

Absolutely and deliciously excellent. I am all-kinda' excited about this.

3. j.kernodle

j.kernodle

Was thinking how much I'd love to try to make it for this. Thanks for hosting and thanks to Aguilar and Roscoe.

4. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Do it to it!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. fesem

fesem Supporting Member

Wow, nice one Greg. Hopefully no early or out of town gig that night.

7. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    I'm so glad you make the time to do these things, Jerry. Coming all the way from San Fran (again!!), that blows my mind.

I'm hoping to be able to return the favor later this summer. I'm heading west with the family to visit my folks in Seattle and my sister in Vegas. We'll be driving from Seattle to Vegas, and our current plan calls for seeing some ridiculously large trees (which I think puts NorCal on the agenda). I'd love to be able to hook up with you and your wife for a lunch or dinner or something. Even better if you're playing somewhere, I'd love to catch you in action. :) Somewhere around July 9-11 is when we'll be passing through...

8. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Yeah, I hope you can make it Steve! Should be a splendid day/evening/weekend.

Jimmy is also doing a clinic that Saturday in G'boro, AND there's a tour & GTG setup at the Roscoe shop. That's a great chance to meet Keith and Jimmy and Gard (OK, that's no prize). I think most/all of the long-distance TB folks will take it all in and just make a weekend of it. I know I plan to do that, too! :)

9. VroomVroom

VroomVroom

Two things. First: AWESOME! Second...this is verrrrrrry close to when our man, Pete, will be in the area. How cool would it be if the three of us & families could get together? Either way, though...AWESOME. (Did I say that already?) I would love it, and will happily make time for this action!

10. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    Even better! I'd also love to check out your local music store, if our schedules permit. Seems like an uber cool place.

11. VroomVroom

VroomVroom

Consider it on the books. There's a Coach store four miles or so north. We can drop off the ladies there on our way to Gelb. :ninja:

12. LightGroove

LightGroove

Come on up man...Roscoe is hosting as well a day later ..may save you a few miles.

13. Alphaman

Alphaman Gold Supporting Member

:D The ladies might spend a few basses on some nice Coach gear! LOL!

14. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    HEY!!!

:mad:

:spit:

Bad Greg, no Bud Light for you, 3 months!!!!

;)

Really looking forward to this whole thing, should be a riot.

:hyper:

FWIW, we may or may not be doing the shop tour as an "open" event - since this will be promoted to the "general public" as a clinic at our Greensboro retailer, and might draw a BIG crowd. We may do something that is TB-specific at the shop, and the GTG afterward (which will be separate from both of the other events) will likely be held at my house, and will DEFINITELY be TB-specific - there's no way we can have more than 40 people in the house! :eek: ;)

These details are still a bit "sketchy" right now, so keep an eye on the thread at the Roscoe Forum for updates.

:)

15. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Supporting Member

Media:
    I plan on spending my time in Greensboro at the Roscoe shop building basses. I figure I can probably crank out 1 or 2 per day, no problem.

16. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    :eek:

You're banned from the shop now.

:spit:

17. Ryan L.

Media:
    Nonsense, poopy-pants!

18. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    I am NOT a poopy pants...

:p

....I changed my diaper already today.

:smug:

:eek:

19. Ryan L.

Media:
    Still trying to decide if we are gonna make the trek up to Blacksburg on Friday or not.

Since Gard won't let me build basses at the shop, we are gonna need something to do that day.........

20. RocketMusic

Disclosures:
    Owner, Rocket Music
    It's not optional, Ryan. :) Especially if we get our new building renovations done in time! We're pulling out some stops to make that happen, I really want to host Jimmy here at the new spot...

21. Gard

Gard

Disclosures:
    Hey, I just don't want you losing any fingers, or our bass sales will drop by at least 20%!!! It'll hurt Greg's business too...see, I'm thinking of what's best for everyone.

:)

...besides, you should make the trip up to Blacksburg, if you can. Pretty drive, Greg's spot will be awesome if he can finish it in time (everyone: BUY MORE STUFF FROM GREG! :hyper: )...