1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

JMJ in new TapeOp Magazine!

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by winston, Jan 22, 2013.

1. winston

winston

There's an excellent interview with JMJ in the latest Tape Op magazine here, with bonus content here. There's also a great feature on bassist/producer Bill Laswell in the same issue.

Justin, I really enjoyed how you opened up about your motivations for becoming a producer, and how your skills as a session player transfer to the other side of the glass. I'm the kinda person who likes to have a lot of things going at once, and I love learning how successful folks keep all the plates spinning!

2. iceberg

iceberg

Killer. Thanks for posting!

3. Scrappersa

Scrappersa

Hey Justin, just want to say that I really dug reading your article. I run my own studio as well. I've got a question, nothing specific or anything. But when you track bass, do you ever use a di box to compliment your mic? What are some good mic/di combos you dig? Lately I've really liked my old D12 on my 15" or my custom built fet47. But the more I've been tracking, they more I've been taking the DI out now. Just not necessary for many of my projects lately. Just curious since I saw you were talking about DIs for your synths.

Also, what are some of your favorite analog synths you own? Been thinking about getting into building some. I've gotten super into building mics and compressors. I just love it.