1. A Supporting membership is required to post items for sale in the classifieds

2. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.
  3. Please Read:Classifieds Rules, Usage Agreement, and FAQ for info on bumping, marking SOLD, and more.

John East P-retro Preamp

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by ariff, Jan 2, 2013.

1. ariff

ariff Supporting Member

This is a gently used P Retro I had in my 2011 American Standard P bass for a little less than a year. Sounds great and really gives you a lot of flexibility with your tone. The best thing about it is you don't have to make any permanent modifications to your bass to install this pre amp. I'll be shipping it in its original packaging with all original paperwork. As you can see all other parts are included. It is very easy to install and use.Please let me know if you have any questions. Here is more of a description from John East..

Description

The P-Retro is a simple but flexible active/passivebass preamp equaliser which offers huge tonal variation to one of the most popular styles of bass of all time, without the need to permanently modify the instrument itself. P-Retro features two stacked knobs each with a pull-switch, class A FET input stage and a high quality relay for pure passive bypass. Power is provided by an internal rechargeable battery.

The normal volume control becomes the Volume/Tone Stack and works in exactly the same way as the P style bass original controls, passing the passive signal directly to the jack. When the volume control is pulled up, the active circuit is switched in, post passive tone control, and adds 2.5dB of gain with a flat response. Additionally, the upper knob allows either a mid boost, or a combined bass/treble boost. The lower knob sets the variable frequency points for either mode.

Fitting the P-Retro does not require any soldering skills and the installation can be reversed. This is especially important when a vintage instrument is involved.

Asking $215.00 shipped OBO may be interested in trades for a Squier CV P Bass.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ariff

ariff Supporting Member

Thursday bump.. Really cool pre-amp for a P Bass :hyper:

3. ariff

ariff Supporting Member

Price drop bump.. $215.00 shipped.. Heck of a deal since these are $300 new. Thanks!

4. Swizzledoop

Swizzledoop Supporting Member

Bump for a great seller!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. ariff

ariff Supporting Member

Sold on Ebay..