1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

joyo/mooer/moen tremolo?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by smeet, Dec 19, 2012.

1. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

I'm looking for a tremolo that is cheap, small, good-sounding, and has a tap tempo. Sadly that doesn't seem to exist.

The Mooer is small and cheap.
    The Joyo is even cheaper, and while it doesn't have a tap tempo, the led pulses at the speed of the tremolo, so that's pretty nice.
    The Moen is very cheap too, and has the pulsing led AND triangle square wave LFO.

Has anybody tried both of these out? I need to set a tempo-synced tremolo, so the pulsing led is nice. Is the sound quality different? On the youtube demos, the Mooer seems to have a slightly nicer sound than the Joyo, but it's hard to tell.

2. Lark

Lark

The guitarist has a joyo tremolo. I tried it out and thought it was pretty good. The LED is pretty funky. If I could find an application for one myself, I would think it would suffice. Can't compare to the mooer, as I haven't tried it. I think the majority of Joyo stuff is pretty good, and can get a bit of a hard rap.

3. millahh

millahh Supporting Member

There's a Belcat tremolo that seems to mimic the Boss TR-2, for about $50 on Amazon; the youtube deoms sound pretty good.

4. caeman

caeman The Root Master

May as well add the Cool Cat Tremolo which can be had in the same price range. The shape control can mix the the soft and hard, or just one or the other.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. smeet

Oh my, there are a lot of cheap tremolos out there...
    So far, I'm seeing:
    Mooer
    Joyo
    Meon
    Danelectro Cool Cat
    Danelectro Tuna Melt (What's the difference???)
    Behringer Tremolo/Panner
    Behringer UltraTrem (Doesn't the Trem/Pan do all the same and more?)

Uhhh... Brain losing feeling... I might actually go for the Behringer :eek: Tremolo/Panner, it's $25, has a rate indicator LED, and square/triangle waveform knob.

7. caeman

caeman The Root Master

Welcome to the addiction, brother. The world grows even bigger when you are willing to spend $100 to $150 for a pedal. Do a Google search for "tremvelope"

8. smeet

I've probably owned $5000+ of effects pedals over the past few years, I'm no stranger to the addiction. If the Dr. Scientist Tremolessence had a tap tempo, I might even have gone for that. But $250 for a tremolo!!!

And then there's the $600 Guyatone Ultrem... Scary.