1. Welcome to TalkBass, the Premier Bass Player Community and Information Source. We've been uniting the Low End Since 1998!

We're glad you've found us. Register a 100% Free Account to post and unlock tons of features.

JTS Wireless

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by snowplow, Dec 26, 2012.

1. snowplow

snowplow

I know everyone loves the G50s on here but has anyone ever used JTS wireless systems? I came across a pretty good deal for them. All I could find is some crappy YT vids for reviews that barely spoke english. So not much help there. Figured I would ask TB'rs

Thanks!

Here is the specs

GS1 Guitar Wireless System by JTS

The low-priced sub-miniature guitar transmitter from JTS features a patent pending design with 16 preset selectable UHF channels, high signal to noise ratio, and a standby function that maintains a stable wireless link.

Powered by a single AAA battery, you'll get more than 8 working hours, with over 60 meters (over 185 feet) of stable operation distance. The JTS GS1 wireless system truly provides great convenience to guitar players.

The JTS GS1 Guitar Wireless System includes the following components, features and specifications:

JTS UT-16GTP Transmitter:
    •Sub miniature guitar transmitter with patent pending design.
    •UHF PLL 16 preset selectable channels.
    •Powered by one AAA battery for over 8 working hours.
    •Over 60 meters of stable operation distance.
    •High signal to noise ratio.
    •Standby function provided for stable wireless link.
    JTS UR-816D Receiver:

•Preset 16 selectable UHF channels.
    •Single transmitter operation.
    •Diversity technology prevents dropouts in the RF link.
    •PLL synthesized technology.
    •Noise mute and pilot tone squelch.
    •Equipped with both XLR balanced and Ø6.3mm unbalanced outputs.
    •Tuned antennas maximize the effective range of the wireless link.
    •Compact space design.
    JTS UT-16GTP Transmitter Specifications:

•Frequency Preparation PLL Synthesized Control
    •Carrier Frequency Range 502~960 MHz
    •RF Outputs Maximum 10mW
    •Stability ±10KHz
    •Frequency Deviation ±48KHz
    •LED Display Power On/Off, Low battery
    •Controls Power On/Off, AF Level, Channel Selecting, Mute
    •Spurious Emissions 105dB
    •T.H.D.
    1-Year Warranty

2. testing1two

testing1two Gold Supporting Member

it's a standard analog wireless system so it won't/can't have the frequency response of the Line6 digital systems, especially below 100Hz. It might be passable for guitar but I wouldn't recommend it on bass.

3. snowplow

snowplow

Thanks! So digital is the way to go? I have been looking into the G30 lately. I think thats the way i might go. Range is'nt that big of a deal breaker for me.

4. Bassamatic

Bassamatic keepin' the beat since the 60's

Analog is also good and probably better than most digital systems - IF it is a good system - Shure, AKG, etc. JTS is a so-so Taiwanese mic maker. I wouldn't expect their wireless to match the high end ones.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. snowplow

snowplow

Thats what I was worried about but when I was looking into the company it looked like all they make is wireless products. Thats why I wanted to look into it.

7. Big_Daws

Big_Daws

what you have said is totally misleading...in respect to UHF wireless systems. i definitely would not be buying the JTS systems. almost any UHF wireless out there will accept frequencies below 100hz. in fact even shures cheap ass PGW series will, i think that is a low as 50hz. most on average are about 38hz. before you spin out details make sure you have the right information. however i would agree that even with a frequency as low as 38, its passable for a 4 string just (it sounded great on my 4-string (yamaha bb1200) when i was using my shure SLX wireless), and its passable for guitar. however if you havea 5 string you will want to have the lower frequency response.

i have a sennheiser EW100 series wireless with a frequency range of 20hz-20khz. i know that the G55 will go as low as 10hz. however i will take this system over ANY digital wireless system. i have found this to sound AMAZING on my 5 string Spector bass. it really handles it fantastically, i have over 300ft of reception (yes i have tested it), made completely of metal (minus the battery door on the beltpack), just to name a few of the benefits. not to mention i can write my name on the beltpack/reciever...lol

its not as cheap as the line 6 (i think the sennhieser is retailing around $700), however i would take my sennheiser wireless over the line6 anyday...

8. Misty Mountain

Misty Mountain

I received the G50 as an early Christmas present and gigged with it a day later. I can't tell any difference in sound between the G50 and a cord. None. The only adjustment I had to make was remembering that I wasn't attached to my amp any longer.