Juan Alderetes youtube pedal channel is awesome!!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassedInSpace, Nov 22, 2012.

1. BassedInSpace

BassedInSpace

I kept waiting for him to post up videos about a year ago but after months of waiting I gave up, I stumbled upon his page
    again and now there's lots of videos demoing some great pedals, this is the effects forum so I know we're all pedal
    freaks so get ready for a stompgazm.
    www.youtube.com/user/PedalsAndEffects :eek:
    Can't believe no one has posted this, I did a search and didn't find anything unless my search skills suck.

2. willbassyeah

willbassyeah

3. alec

alec

It's been mentioned a few times but the threads are a ways down on the search results.
    A goldmine for lovers of effects!

4. CHILDISHGAMBINO

CHILDISHGAMBINO

He adds a new video on pedalsandeffects.com about once every week or two. The fuzz shoot-out was pretty fun to watch.

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. kander

kander

That page is NOT awesome: it's going to increase my GAS!!!

7. garmenteros

garmenteros Junkyard Scout

I check his stuff out very often... Made me consider getting a compressor but I don't think I need it as I'm fine now just altering my technique every now and then and don't use harmonics that much...

8. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

I applaud Juan Alderetes' efforts and wish him lots of success in his venture.
    I am not a fan of the Mars Volta (I think I fit in the category - if it's too loud you're too old) but I have been very impressed by his knowledge and his willingness to talk and demonstrate the pedals he likes. Watching his blog makes me want to buy even more pedals than I already have!

His chops are impressive too and it's nice to get the point of view from a guy who's been on many very large stages with a big pedalboard. It's nice to see a musician who despite fame and success that kept a very friendly and simple attitude.

Again thank you Juan Alderetes.

9. Mingus Addict

Mingus Addict

If that's the case, you could give some of his other projects a try. Ever heard of Big Sir?

10. Laurent

Laurent Supporting Member

Yes, I have and it's more accessible to my ears. I like the personal nature of this project.
    His playing reminds me of late Mick Karn of Japan. Beautiful and tasteful. It's nice when he gets more room to express himself.
    Last but not least he does all this with restraint, it would be easy to do a 3 minute solo which would not fit musically. He keeps it in the groove and within the context of the song. That's the trait of a great musician.