SOLD Jule Amps De-Monique, Line 6 Relay G55 and Gator 3U case

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by Ukiah Bass, Mar 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ukiah Bass

Ukiah Bass Supporting Member

Offering for sale only Jule Amps De-Monique, Line 6 Relay G55 rack-mount wireless transmitter/receiver, rack-mount kit, and a Gator GR-3S 3U hard shell shallow rack (latches built into the end covers). Also includes a "built-in" power strip and short power plugs to minimize weight and space. Everything sounds/works great. I've got a new project where I'll be running sound, recording, and video in addition to being the bassist so I've got to downsize.

Read about Monique:
    http://www.juleamps.com/bass/monique.html

Read about the 800-D Demeter power amp inside:
    http://www.juleamps.com/bass/de-monique.html

Line 6 Relay G55 2.4Ghz rack-mounted wireless transmitter and receiver (with 2 cables to bass, plus a good quality short connector cable to link the G55 with De-Monique's input)
    http://line6.com/relay-g55/

Line 6 Relay G55 rack-mount kit
    http://www.amazon.com/Line-Relay-G5...103&sr=1-1&keywords=line 6 g55 rack mount kit

Gator GR-3S 3U hard shell shallow rack (new model with latches built into the end covers, just like SKB)
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/GR3S/

Check out my test recordings with Monique's wonderful DI and G55 wireless:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f15/jules-amps-monique-part-5-a-1033913/index6.html#233

If you have questions, please ask. Thanks for looking!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Laklandfan

Laklandfan Supporting Member

Any problems with the 800d inside? When I get tired of hauling my lead sled I'm considering having my Monique upgraded.

3. Ukiah Bass

Problems? No. It works great! A lightweight mini-wonder! I'm very impressed with the 800-D. The De-Monique socks a huge punch and feels like a lead sled without requiring a physical lift.

Here's a pic of the inside:

[​IMG]

4. FretFree

FretFree

Whoa. Fabulous rig! If I was playing more, I'd consider this....

GLWTS!

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. jbares

jbares Ragin'Cajun Supporting Member

Great preamp/great deal..and trusty talkbasser...love my Jules!

7. leroy diamond

leroy diamond

8. Ukiah Bass

Monique hardly needs affirmation for its terrific tube tone. It's always nice, however, to hear a particular piece of gear in action. Here's a demo we recently cut with my De-Monique and an [sfx] Sound Micro Fuzz pedal in an original surf/rock tune called "Road Ends In Water." I played this one with a pick and took a direct feed from the DI.

http://thestormyweathermen.com/track/577266/road-ends-in-water?autostart=true

9. lexington125

lexington125

"so I've got to downsize."

And then I look at the attached photos, and I don't understand how you can 'downsize' from something that small?

Can you give us a hint about what gear could perform all of the functions included in your current rack, and do it in a significantly smaller package?

10. Ukiah Bass

I'll be using my Puma 900. Not exactly "tube" but it will be close enough for what we'll be doing. There's simply too much stuff to schlep back and for to gigs - five mic/video stands, large bag for recording/video gear, PA powered mixer, mains and stands, plus two basses and cab. Not sure if I'll pick up another wireless unit.

11. Ukiah Bass

Someone asked in a PM if the De-Monique can be converted to 220/240v. I asked James Demeter about this and he just replied:

12. Ukiah Bass

Close-up of the Demeter 800-D power supply installed by James Demeter in December 2013.

[​IMG]

13. Ukiah Bass

Some have wondered about the "built-in" power strip. Here's a pic that shows it in action. The 3-plug unit is held in place by three plastic ties. Two plugs are connected with a short-length power cable to the De-Monique and the Line 6 Relay G55's power cord. The 3-plug unit has about six feet of cable extending from the rack to connect to your power source.

The result is an efficient built-in power unit that minimizes space and weight. Nice!

[​IMG]

14. JxBass

JxBass Supporting Member

Thumbs up for an outstanding TBer with top notch gear. A pleasant TB experience awaits the lucky new owner.

15. Ukiah Bass

Here's a visual peek underneath the power amp cover:

[​IMG]

16. bumperbass

bumperbass

Let me know what you want for the 3 space Gator if you end up selling separately.

17. Ukiah Bass

Will do, there's one other person in line for that one. Hopefully there will not be a requirement to sell it separately! :)

18. 5StringPocket

5StringPocket Supporting Member

You have a PM for the De-Monique.

19. Ukiah Bass

The De-Monique is still available. Meanwhile, here's a close-up shot of a latch on the Gator's cover. I'm impressed with these newer Gator racks because the build quality has improved. This 3U rack has the perfect depth, allowing just enough room in the back to stow cabling or whatnot without having to negotiate a huge overhang like the standard SKU racks.

But more important, the new Gators put the latches on the covers instead of the rack body where they used to reside. When the latches were attached to the body, they tended to get in the way as you moved the rack around. They'd scrape surfaces and gouge things with impunity. They waited until your fingers got near, then lashed out and created a bloody mess. With the new Gators, the latches are on the covers, which means you detach them, stow them away, and your fingers are protected from snags on the sharp metal edges. Duh - why didn't an engineer think of that before? :)

[​IMG]

20. kglas4bass

kglas4bass

21. Ukiah Bass

Hi there - I did not receive your PM and your profile suggests private messaging is not enabled.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.