Jule Amps Monique Part 2.

Discussion in 'Amps [BG]' started by Thor, Aug 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thor

Thor Thanks Andy Pyle for showing me the way. Supporting Member

Media:
  2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies Supporting Member

IN!

...for the best all tube bass amp ever made. :)

I'll put pictures back up once my hosting is sorted!

[​IMG]

3. Mitchthebassplayer

Mitchthebassplayer Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Endorsing: Fodera Guitars, La Bella Strings, Epifani, JuleAmps
    [​IMG]

yeah part 2! Congrats Jule! Here's my Mo'/EA rig on the set of Good Morning NY from a little while back....

I also wanted to mention that I recently acquired a Fodera and I was a little nervous to hear it through the Monique, especially
    growing up playing fender style basses and being biased to that thump I'm so used to, but I'm blown away. Suddenly, the
    Monique is less "meaty" and more "buttery" with these incredibly clear, warm mids and highs. The other day I decided to bring
    my Fodera to check out an old Jess Oliver P500 all tube head at a local music store. I gave it about 12 minutes of play time. After
    being so spoiled by the incredible hi-fi depth the Monique provides, I just couldn't stop thinking, "Oh man, this sounds like
    ****!" Of course I should have been playing one of my vintage Fenders or my Alleva-Coppolo but it just shows how versatile Jule's
    pre really is. It's just impossible to sound bad! You're the man Jule!

4. BenHack

BenHack

Another gig with Monique last night. Great fat 3D tone that everyone just 'feels'! I'm loving her like no other!!!

Cheers Jule

Ben

5. Register to disable this ad
  6. chadds

chadds

7. B'Boom

B'Boom

I 'm really happy with Monique. I played some concerts with her (only with the D.I + P.A, or with Fender MB 1200 / QSC RMX 850). The sound is so good that she made happy all the sound engineers.
    If I had enough money, I would buy one Demeter VTHF-300M to accompany Monique with more of : "all tube - all love".
    Thanks, Jule.

8. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nobody is stupid enough to actually pay me to play their gear.
    It's always great to meet fellow TBers and it was cool that I happened to be in NY state last night and SCT1422 happened to have a gig. Great guy and great player.

In any case, Steve played his Monique and it really sounded great! BIG fat tone and really cut.... Also, he used a powered Berg with no amp! Cool.

I am super excited about gigging with Monique next week.

9. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

Hey Brent, very nice meeting you and your wife as well and thank you for the compliments.. Also thanx for joining in the celebration of my 50th birthday.. I love the Monique and will have more of a chance to work with her tomorrow night.. Last nights stage setup did not leave alot of room... Tomorrow night is an outdoor gig and I really want to fire this puppy up !! :hyper:

10. juledude

juledude Gold Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Owner & Creator of Jule Amps & Monique
    When do you guys sleep?

Almost sounds like a Tasty Bass Tones Convention back there on the "Right" side of the country. I wish I could be there. I am very proud to be any part of the fun.

Looks like Monique will be in a couple of booths at this next NAMM. I think I'll go down there and catch the vibe too.

11. chadds

chadds

Sleep? How can we sleep? Besides playing Monique's incredible tone, we are up telling you about it.:)

12. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

Allright.. I got to fire this up last night for an outdoor gig and was very pleased... Very warm, thick 3-D tone... I was using both of my Sadowskys last night.. Next weekend I'm bringing out the MBass and LowEnd to check them out with it..

13. Baird6869

Baird6869 Supporting Member

Disclosures:
    Nobody is stupid enough to actually pay me to play their gear.
    Got to spend time with Monique yesterday.

It seems to like my 1973 Jazz better than my Modulus basses thru my Mesa M9.

In any case, I love this thing..... Still getting my head around the Sensitivity knob.... As I like it at all settings! Not sure if i like 12:00 or 3:00 best!

I was able to get a great Family Man Barrett tone out of Monique and with a few tweaks to Monique and my bass, I was nailing Robert DiLeo (STP) and Nate Mendel (Foo Fighters). This is truly a great Pre.

I am auditioning new singers tonight and tomorrow with the full band so I will get to try Monique while playing country, blues, funk, classic rock and metal. I bet it will be great for all genres.

14. Oldtimer

Oldtimer Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Here's Monique in my Studio[​IMG][/IMG]

15. Fretless5verfan

Fretless5verfan Supporting Member

Hey, how come nobody told me the party moved? :confused: lol.

I just strung up my franken-P with TI flats and played it through the Monique/IP310 rig. :eek:

16. chadds

chadds

LOL, & you started the thread!!!!

17. BurningSkies

Its like when you went away to summer camp and when you came home, you found that Mom & Dad had changed the locks on the front door and not told you. ;)

18. juledude

Disclosures:
    That is a beautiful rig.

19. Oldtimer

Oldtimer Gold Supporting Member Gold Supporting Member

Sounds great too! Thanks to Monique.

Jule,
    I'll be calling you on the 17th or 18th. The wife & I will be in Monterrey and Santa Cruz. I would love to come say Hi.

Mike

20. juledude

Disclosures:
    Any time. The number is on the web site.

21. BurningSkies

Hi Jule, I just got back from tonight's show (a good one with a full house...and the band played well ;)), and I wanted to THANK YOU for making such a fantastic preamp. I loved her tonight, sounded great, had no troubles and I was having great fun going between bringing it down low and bringing it up underneath the band and our singer.

Its fast, its musical and its great fun to play. We ended up with a 15 minute band intro riddim with me running churn-and-burn 16th notes and it was a joy the whole time! Everyone, the soundman, the crowd, the venue and the opening band (who shared my rig) loved it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.